[LIKE ME, IT'S JUST TOO HOT] LuciferRising problem

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

rootfifthoctave

Re: [LIKE ME, IT'S JUST TOO HOT] LuciferRising problem

Post by rootfifthoctave »

I never thought Brum would get hot enough to defeat the fuzz but something something global warming I guess? :hmm:
mplsaustin

Post by mplsaustin »

Cool, glad that was it.

Ram head/meathead in the summer...Lucy/tone bender in the winter. Rock and roll!
I want it louder. Want power.
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

rootfifthoctave wrote:I never thought Brum would get hot enough to defeat the fuzz but something something global warming I guess? :hmm:
I've had a similar thing happen to an OC75 loaded MKII, left in direct sunlight for too long. Sounds farty and gating to hell.....kind of thought it was somehow fucked until it cooled down enough for the signal to pass properly.

Glad your Lucy is ok in the end :tu:
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Post by anemochore »

stella_blues wrote:
rootfifthoctave wrote:I never thought Brum would get hot enough to defeat the fuzz but something something global warming I guess? :hmm:
I've had a similar thing happen to an OC75 loaded MKII, left in direct sunlight for too long. Sounds farty and gating to hell.....kind of thought it was somehow fucked until it cooled down enough for the signal to pass properly.

Glad your Lucy is ok in the end :tu:
Yeah here in the Pacific Northwest the same. Sent a OC75 Mk1.5 back to the UK only to find it was temperature :doh:. Even after that I still panic when it happens and then have to remind myself. It's always those simple explanations that get overlooked.
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
rootfifthoctave

I always thought the ones that suffered in the heat were Ge Fuzz Faces, but my Ge FFs are fine. Creepyface, RM Classic, homebuilt w/ oc42s, ss/bs TAFM (which I think is a hybrid), and my Broadcast has a Ge transistor in there. They all seem to be fine.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Yo! If you want me to take a look at the thing send me a PM or an email.

It will start to gate out if it's too hot, like up over 20-22 degrees Celsius, but it shouldn't completely kill the output.
rootfifthoctave

Gating out is exactly what was happening and it was definitely >23 degrees when it happened. Thanks for weighing in on the thread though!
Snufkino

Post by Snufkino »

Ah, shit I'll have to test mine to see if it's ready for adventure to the fridge. :hihi:

Incidentally I'm sure I plugged in a standard centre negative PSU once, and it worked fine, yet I had a GE Fuzz Face that needed a reverse polarity adaptor to work as it should. What's all that aboot? :hmm:
jerms

Post by jerms »

The DC jack is wired to work on a standard boss wiring scheme... You wouldn't be able to daisy chain it with negative ground pedals but all the Captains positive ground pedals work on a standard boss arrangement by themselves or on an isolated multi output DC brick like the pedla power things...