Anyone got a Reverend?

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

PlumCrazy

Anyone got a Reverend?

Post by PlumCrazy »

I've been without a Strat for a while and wanted to add one back to the herd. So, most that have what I wanted (locking tuners, flatter profile, etc.) are $$$ and I considered putting together a Partscaster but don't have the time.

So, Musictoyz had an old stock Six Gun with the mix of Tele bridge and Strat middle and neck that I pulled the trigger on. These are great guitars. I've never had pickups with such pop - it sounds like I have a compressor on. The Bass Contour is a great feature. If you go from overdrive to clean a lot in your playing or like leaving a Fuzz Face on and controlling it with your guitar volume - this thing allows a ton of control. Liked it so much I checked out a few more. Tried the Corgan Signature and loved it - the pickups are noiseless and don't sound artificial (I sold a Strat with Lace Sensors because I couldn't ever bond with them) also tried a Flatroc and I'm really digging it. The build quality looks great and they don't break the bank. I'm a fan now.
http://www.plumcrazyfx.com
Everytime i comb my hair, thoughts of u get in my eyes.
Lach

Re: Anyone got a Reverend?

Post by Lach »

Cool! I've been interested in them for a while since I saw Ron Asheton using one years ago... I'm not a traditionalist at all when it comes to guitars, might have to try one