Dunlop Cry Baby Mini Wah: much better than you'd expect!

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Laservampire

Re: Dunlop Cry Baby Mini Wah: much better than you'd expect!

Post by Laservampire »

It’s stupidly small but actually has a longer sweep than a regular wah. Harder to do quick wobbles but very controllable.

Damn this thing though, I’ve gone wah crazy and picked up a cheap super clean USA reissue V847 to put my Castledine kit into now, as my original V847 from when I was 16 has seen better days!
Ben
Philip

Post by Philip »

Doc Holliday wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 12:34 pm Ben I know you know good tone so I’ll take your word for it. Maybe Dunlop got this one right for the ears. It just looks too tiny for my feet haha
Muscle hunks need big pedals. :badteeth: :hihi:
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I know... I’m so shallow ;) lol
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

The V847 I picked up is the revision C version, I'll have to pop the PCB out and compare to my old one (couldn't spot any differences on top), but it sounds a darn sight better than the revision B.

16 year old me would have been much happier with this one. Apart from the truly horrendous bypass.
Ben
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

Hopefully very soon I'll be able to do a comparison clip between the Cry Baby Mini and the Castledine Standard.

You can adjust the Castledine to sound kinda like the Mini (set the Q to minimum) but you can't get those throaty vowel sounds from the Mini.
Ben
sluttyindian

Post by sluttyindian »

One added advantage of the mini is that you can rock out the wah no matter what fucked up angle / position you are sitting in :freakout:
Laservampire wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:38 am Hopefully very soon I'll be able to do a comparison clip between the Cry Baby Mini and the Castledine Standard.

You can adjust the Castledine to sound kinda like the Mini (set the Q to minimum) but you can't get those throaty vowel sounds from the Mini.
Would be interested to hear this! The mini does the job but I do miss my old castledine... The gas is calling...
"These pedals are like women, when you need one there's none around. When you finally get in a serious relationship with one, they come out of the woodwork." -Turkish