SOLA BUILT MK3 TONEBENDERS INCLUDING ALL REVERSE BUILT

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

Graham

SOLA BUILT MK3 TONEBENDERS INCLUDING ALL REVERSE BUILT

Post by Graham »

I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON GETTING TOGETHER MY MKIII MATERIAL AND PARTICULARLY THE REVERSE BUILT VERSIONS - THIS WILL LEAD INTO LATER REVERSE BUILT MKIV TYPES BUT FOR NOW MKIII'S

Some large "group shots" for the first page or so - afterwards I'll do my best to keep them to correct page width (think I have that sussed now) - but to put a lot together I think that it's worth the annoyance of having to scroll across - download by all means and resize if you like.

The principle reason behind this new thread is to get to grips with the "reverse built" and - I hope with input from others - to explore what they represented within the timelines. From component date code analysis of both my own and those pedals that belong to friends I believe that the reverses are generally amongst the earliest if not the first of most given types - Similarly the later mkIV/V rectangular models.

Anyway - here are a few shots to begin with - I have everything shown loaded up onto photobucket so will be providing detailed pictures of everything shown - I believe that there was a whole lot of pretty innovative stuff going on design wise over this period - And it will not prove possible to thoroughly examine the MkIII without taking a decent look at both the Elka Dizzytone and the Burns Buzzaround - for reasons that should become clear as this thread gets built up.

So some "Group Pron": G :mrgreen:

THE GROUP:

AND THE "REVERSERS":

ENJOY! More tomorrow... Graham :mrgreen:
Last edited by Graham on Tue May 10, 2011 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

There are no photos mang.........
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
Graham

Re:

Post by Graham »

Mr. Min T. Fresh wrote:There are no photos mang.........
ABRACADABRA -- Oh yes there are --- behind you Gino!! G :mrgreen:
chetz

Re: SOLA BUILT MK3 TONEBENDERS INCLUDING ALL REVERSE BUILT

Post by chetz »

Wow! Please excuse me while a go have a "personal moment."
blunder

Post by blunder »

Thanks Graham! Great pics. :drool2:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Drool, Drool! :drool:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty

Post by melodichaotic »

Ahh, it's nice to see ole "yellow jacket" re-united with family aye Graham?
Graham

Post by Graham »

Surely it is Marty!! And probably amongst the earliest of the Mk3's demonstrated by the primitive scratched out copper trace at the top of the board where a limiting resistor has been placed
I wonder what it would chuck out without that - in later versions it's commonplace to see that particular resistor (by then on a reprinted board with proper "gap") linked out - pretty much the standard output mod for mk3 & 4's!! - I have to say that those yellow jackets give it sustain for days and tone to die for!! A particularly welcome addition to the family! What would anyone say the additional resistor on the back is doing?? balancing out another tranny stage perhaps? Thoughts anybody please,
Graham :mrgreen:
melo dichaotic wrote:Ahh, it's nice to see ole "yellow jacket" re-united with family aye Graham?
Stu

Post by Stu »

The resistor limits the output level. It's like having a larger value volume pot, which you can only turn up part way. There is some treble loss as an added consequence.
Graham

Post by Graham »

Thank you Stu - despite it maybe losing a little high end, it is still a standout mk3!! Maybe the transistors give it a different flavour? - g
Stu wrote:The resistor limits the output level. It's like having a larger value volume pot, which you can only turn up part way. There is some treble loss as an added consequence.