MF-72 #001

Balls out swinging, greased up monkey, smoke stack burning, shit shooting fuzz.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

MF-72 #001

Post by The Captain »

Been awhile, and then some. Cutting to the chase here. I'll go into more details elsewhere about the sum of the parts. In a nutshell. Custom stuff, I'm making some again. These are the first.

This project consists of 5 pieces. 4 will go up for sale on eBay in the coming days. Each pedal will run as a 3 day auction. Once one finishes another will begin.
There a some subtle transistor variations and due to my smart naming of this big bastard I need to link to the pictures here for each said pedal. I've copied the write up here also, this being the first one an all.

The first auction goes live tonight just after midnight...

The D*A*M Mother Fucker MF-72

Just as it says on the tin “Balls out swinging greased up monkey smoke stack burning shit shooting fuzz” Dual high gain NOS device fuelled germanium fuzz circuits for all your sonically distorted needs.
Basically, two D*A*M Fuzz Sounds (Tone Bender MKIII/MKIV variants) tuned to their extremities in one big scary looking box. One tuned for ‘grease’ t’other tuned for ‘smoke’ call it light and dark, day and night, ying and yang if you will. Simply put, this pedal represents the extremes heard in an early Tone Bender MKIII and the later MKIV/MKV variants but with a little extra flexibility at your finger tips.

Down low

Smoke as in, dirty. Fat, chewy and blissfully gated with sledge hammer decay. 1968 on steroids. Fulled by the might of three NOS Mullard devices. An OC76 lays the foundations and all is made solid and righteous with a pair of OC84’s.
Grease as in, shmooth. Slip and slide, spit and chew. Midrange penetration with exquisite saturation. 1972 with Atomic roller boots. Rocking hard and living poolside. Greasiness is maintained with the all loving power of Mullard devices. This time an OC78D takes the lead, flanked by the freak power that is an OC45 and an OC71.

Each section of The Mother Fucker features the same three broad ranging control dials, that are: Sustain, Treble’n’Bass and Volume. Each sections control’s react totally in character and in keeping to the special flavours that have been introduced. For example, the controls on the Smoke section will offer many tones reminiscent of 1960’s recordings. Tin foil like highs to deep thudding lows with high sustain settings bordering on complete sonic disembodiment. Single note runs and fractured chord riffing will delight in the fuzzy reactions offered forth. On the flip side, the Greasy side of the park will be much more suited to faster accent heavy playing styles. Speedy leads breaks and monumental palm muted riffs will be dealt with an impressive ease. Destroy with total control and utmost sexiness.
The two contrasting sides of The Mother Fucker can operate in complete isolation but are pre-wired in series so only one single input jack and one single output jack need to be used to place the MF-72 into operation.
The output socket of the Smoke section and the input socket of the Grease section visually indicate this internal connection on the face of the enclosure. Once a jack is inserted into the input socket of the Grease stage the internal series connection is broken. This can then be used in a multitude on ways. Further effects can be linked in between the two fuzz sections, each section can be fed to individual amplifiers, and the order of the internal link can be re-routed…and so on. The Mother Fucker also features two inputs on the Smoke stage, this could be utilised as a tuner feed, used for second instrument, or used as a direct bypass etc. The MF-72 also features two outputs on the Grease stage, could be used feed two separate amplifiers or a single amplifier and a recording device etc.

The Mother Fucker is the beginning of once upon a time. These pedals mark the rebirth of the D*A*M custom builds. Made in small numbers to the highest standards, that my brain will allow, and never to be reproduced.
The MF-72 project consists of 5 pieces worldwide. 4 units will be sold here on the D*A*M eBay store. The unit shown in the images in relation to this auction is the pedal you are bidding on. This unit is #001.

oops. Knew I'd forget something....like the eBay link :teeth2:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Holy shit!!!!! Balls out swinging indeed...
Last edited by DucRyder on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

You're a bad man David.
Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
Scott

Re: MF-72 #001

Post by Scott »

WTF!!!!!
Cado

Post by Cado »

As Badass as it gets! :cthulhu2:
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

That things like King Kong, James Brown, Supafly and 007 all rolled up in one.
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
kb892

Post by kb892 »

hubba chubba that's one bigass fuzz!
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

Ha, that's one balls out swinging greased up monkey smoke stock burning shit shooting fuzz! :freakout:

...you got soup, why didn't I get soup
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

:drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2: :drool2:
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
happiass

Post by happiass »

:shocked2: :shocked: :drool: Frightening.