The Dope Priest

The electron charged knuckle duster.

Moderator: The Captain

punkbulldog

Re: The Dope Priest

Post by punkbulldog »

Aye, I've got a SUF Tri-Muff and that sounds pretty sweet through the Swart but, for a muff, it ain't got that much of a pronounced midrange. Would still love to try the Priest though.
Instagram nick_1_9_7_4
Toro Mutanto

Post by Toro Mutanto »

punkbulldog wrote:Anyone tried the Priest with tweed type amps? I'm down to just 1 amp after a big gear clear out in the summer and the Swart is pretty middy.
I use Dope Priest with Fender Tweed 57` Twin Amp RI. It sounds super massive and just dominates :crackjam:
I run my amp pretty much `cleanish` as it`s so freaking loud. Dope goes well with tweed.
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

Funny that folk mention Russian muffs in the same breath as the Priest. I think they're two very different beasts, to me the priest is all about the mid-range crunch, and is way'crunchier' than most muffs. I think it'd be easy to justify having both.
Volume over talent
punkbulldog

Post by punkbulldog »

Most muffs I've tried, as to be expected, don't clean up that well. What's the cleanup like on the Priest?
Instagram nick_1_9_7_4
mjkk

Post by mjkk »

As you'd expect, like a muff.
"Yes I remember a brave guy named Roger dancing around musicians and cleaning their shoes. Occasionally we gave him our broken pedals for repair to get peace for some hours."
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

Yeah, agreed. To be honest I don't see why you'd use a muff if you want something that cleans up. I've always figured muffs are about all out fuzz, not being subtle.
Volume over talent
Coolhand78

Post by Coolhand78 »

Where's the best place in the signal chain for the priest? Can they go after buffered effects
Or are they best up front like trad fuzzes?
"Yorkshire isn't a place. Yorkshire is a state of mind." ~ Howard Moon
Davide79

Post by Davide79 »

Coolhand78 wrote:Where's the best place in the signal chain for the priest? Can they go after buffered effects
Or are they best up front like trad fuzzes?
I don't have none problem with the priest position.. I use it before the buffer... the sound it's ever fantastic :crackjam:
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

First in the chain for me, but that's down to my small pedalboard already being full. Certainly having buffers after the Priest doesn't fuck with it.
Volume over talent
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

I'm starting to think the Priest should come with an addiction warning. This pedal has become hard to switch off, it's way too much fun. Hands down thee best muff out there, and I'd even include the Ram Head in that. This thing is KILLER.
Volume over talent