D*A*M Direct

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

Coolhand78

Re: D*A*M Direct

Post by Coolhand78 »

Good lord!
"Yorkshire isn't a place. Yorkshire is a state of mind." ~ Howard Moon
Pahathuasyndicate

Post by Pahathuasyndicate »

Project well done. Congrats to all that got one, hats off to Dave and cheers to the man in Oz who sparked the movement :party: :cheers:
Attachments
1F4468E3-7988-4957-8284-1E7904D1D88B.gif
1F4468E3-7988-4957-8284-1E7904D1D88B.gif (324.65 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Pahathuasyndicate wrote:....and cheers to the man in Oz who sparked the movement
21 months in the making. :drool2:

Patience is a virtue, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Madjqg7oGE
Steve
The Artist Formerly Known As KT66

Post by Steve »

The Captain wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:09 pm Maggot_P_04.JPG
FAQ #272.
Q - Can I has Head Buzz?
A - No.
Q - Can I has Maggot Brain?
A- Yes.

Relenting Dave relents. So what's it? It's basically the Blue 2011 BC108 Head Buzz is a less pretty box. It's the most requested version of said thing, so, there it is. Nothing fancy just a well executed silicon Fuzz Face. Tuned a little, but not in an excessive way that takes it away from what it is. The low end is tighter, still dark but not like wrapping a wool jumper around your head. The high end is bright and open though not brittle. The only major addition or change to the circuit is a small value polystyrene capacitor that kills the ultra high end that causes self oscillation. It will get loosey goosey when all is wide open, cause that's part of the fun, right? but it don't feel like you're taking a weasel for a walk on a dog lead. As in, you ain't fighting with it to do what you want.

The circuit is tuned slightly under biased. Meaning what? Meaning that is has little more rasp and snarl at full bore. Not gated or anything severe with a heavy decay, just a nice subtle growl, it still has adequate clean-up abilities but it is goddamn fuzz box! It's meant to be fuzzy. And that is it. It will also have a nice play date with humbuckers, helps it cut through mud. Pleasing compression rather than that wet cement effect.

Maggot_P_17.JPG
The enclosure is the same footprint as the Buzztronix, which is just a tad narrower than the original Head Buzz. The enclosure is a Japanese made part with a polyester powder coat. The project run version is an inversion of what you see here, black with a white screen print. The pictured is the prototype. Also note the way too shiny NKK switch will not be used for the project run, it'll be a Carling DPDT.

Brass tacks: monies to be paid in advance to secure the order with an estimated delivery time of late October. £262.92 (+VAT were applicable) plus shipping costs. There will be 10 pieces in total. If you are keen send me a PM with your full name, email address, shipping address and phone number.

Extra words: Can I has germanium? No. I wish to keep the Maggot as a purely silicon device. That''s the research done so that's what it is.

More titties n stuff....

Maggot_P_02.JPG
Maggot_P_01.JPG
Maggot_P_09.JPG
Maggot_P_10.JPG
Maggot_P_11.JPG
Maggot_P_13.JPG
Maggot_P_14.JPG
Maggot_P_15.JPG
:party:

Just wondering if there's an ETA on this pedal, please? Thanks.
acidwash

Post by acidwash »

Steve wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:17 am
The Captain wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:09 pm Maggot_P_04.JPG
FAQ #272.
Q - Can I has Head Buzz?
A - No.
Q - Can I has Maggot Brain?
A- Yes.

Relenting Dave relents. So what's it? It's basically the Blue 2011 BC108 Head Buzz is a less pretty box. It's the most requested version of said thing, so, there it is. Nothing fancy just a well executed silicon Fuzz Face. Tuned a little, but not in an excessive way that takes it away from what it is. The low end is tighter, still dark but not like wrapping a wool jumper around your head. The high end is bright and open though not brittle. The only major addition or change to the circuit is a small value polystyrene capacitor that kills the ultra high end that causes self oscillation. It will get loosey goosey when all is wide open, cause that's part of the fun, right? but it don't feel like you're taking a weasel for a walk on a dog lead. As in, you ain't fighting with it to do what you want.

The circuit is tuned slightly under biased. Meaning what? Meaning that is has little more rasp and snarl at full bore. Not gated or anything severe with a heavy decay, just a nice subtle growl, it still has adequate clean-up abilities but it is goddamn fuzz box! It's meant to be fuzzy. And that is it. It will also have a nice play date with humbuckers, helps it cut through mud. Pleasing compression rather than that wet cement effect.

Maggot_P_17.JPG
The enclosure is the same footprint as the Buzztronix, which is just a tad narrower than the original Head Buzz. The enclosure is a Japanese made part with a polyester powder coat. The project run version is an inversion of what you see here, black with a white screen print. The pictured is the prototype. Also note the way too shiny NKK switch will not be used for the project run, it'll be a Carling DPDT.

Brass tacks: monies to be paid in advance to secure the order with an estimated delivery time of late October. £262.92 (+VAT were applicable) plus shipping costs. There will be 10 pieces in total. If you are keen send me a PM with your full name, email address, shipping address and phone number.

Extra words: Can I has germanium? No. I wish to keep the Maggot as a purely silicon device. That''s the research done so that's what it is.

More titties n stuff....

Maggot_P_02.JPG
Maggot_P_01.JPG
Maggot_P_09.JPG
Maggot_P_10.JPG
Maggot_P_11.JPG
Maggot_P_13.JPG
Maggot_P_14.JPG
Maggot_P_15.JPG

Just wondering if there's an ETA on this pedal, please? Thanks.
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

:whistle:

The Captain wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:47 pm Buzztronix, Model:AA and Zeke enclosures re-stocked so the purchase buttons and lead times on the info pages are updated.
The Captain wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 11:12 pm
Dizzytron. What's it? A sonic replication the the Elka Dizzytone - Lead time will be approx 14-16 weeks, which puts us at September.
The Captain wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:09 pm Q - Can I has Maggot Brain?
Brass tacks: monies to be paid in advance to secure the order with an estimated delivery time of late October.
The Captain wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:20 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I have noticed that the people who are late are often so much jollier than the people who have to wait for them."
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

I need to turn off the notifications for this thread, I get all excited thinking it might be something only to be left disappointed by someone greeting :lol:

apologies to the people who got a notification for this post :badteeth:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Steve
The Artist Formerly Known As KT66

Post by Steve »

fendersilver wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 pm :whistle:

The Captain wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:47 pm Buzztronix, Model:AA and Zeke enclosures re-stocked so the purchase buttons and lead times on the info pages are updated.
The Captain wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 11:12 pm
Dizzytron. What's it? A sonic replication the the Elka Dizzytone - Lead time will be approx 14-16 weeks, which puts us at September.
The Captain wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:09 pm Q - Can I has Maggot Brain?
Brass tacks: monies to be paid in advance to secure the order with an estimated delivery time of late October.
The Captain wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:20 pm
Yup..... :whistle:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I have noticed that the people who are late are often so much jollier than the people who have to wait for them."
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Yo yo yo! Apologies for the delay on the word, gents! Multitasking like a ten limbed octopi. Had a slow motion start to the year with folk dying of lurgy left right and centre. Finally back on cruse control.
Aiming to have all outstanding 2017 shizzle done and dusted by the 2nd week in February. Being two dealers orders and the two forum direct projects, Maggots and the Dizzys.

Quick shitty snap from the bench...
maggie_01.JPG
maggie_01.JPG (387.68 KiB) Viewed 2675 times
fendersilver

Post by fendersilver »

All good things comes to those who wait. :baddancing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQVANAFUJrM