Fewer visible photons...The Meathead Dark

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

Tricalibur

Re: Fewer visible photons...The Meathead Dark

Post by Tricalibur »

I think the subtext under the 'Meathead' graphic should say "Dark Overdrive Booster," rather than just the standard "silicon fuzz machine." You know, to distinguish it from a standard Meathead in its title.
Arrakis

Post by Arrakis »

Maybe something more subtle like 'Filth' instead of Dirt :headbanger:

Not really for us mere mortals to decide though.
i love sharin foo

Post by i love sharin foo »

I don't care what it says, as long as I manage to get one into my grubby paws. I love every single creation of Dave's that I have used, but the Meatheads are where it's at for me :marx: And the Dark is at the top of the Meathead hierarchy as far as I'm concerned.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I guess by changing the name to 'Dark' it would differentiate between the regular and dark model Meats.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Arrakis

Post by Arrakis »

The ninth circle graphic on the dark kinda do that anyway so i guess no change is really necessary.
thesjkexperience

Post by thesjkexperience »

Did anyone do a sound sample or video of the dark? I really do miss my B&G, so how different is the dark? :hmm:
Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you a King. -- Bob Dylan

"ripped out of the sky reforming thought into creation electric motion begins" - Linzi
Jazzandmetal?

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

thesjkexperience wrote:Did anyone do a sound sample or video of the dark? I really do miss my B&G, so how different is the dark? :hmm:
It has a little more bass. Not a whole lot more than the B&G. When you roll off the volume on your guitar, the Dark retains its....darkness. The B&G can get am radio like at the last turn of the knob.

Truth be told, I like the B&G better.

I had 2 B&Gs at the same time and liked the one I have now better than the other as it had more bass and the one I got rid of had a lot more mids.

My B&G is currently my favorite pedal of all time. :hihi:
drunkenguitarist

Post by drunkenguitarist »

Jazzandmetal? wrote:
thesjkexperience wrote:Did anyone do a sound sample or video of the dark? I really do miss my B&G, so how different is the dark? :hmm:
It has a little more bass. Not a whole lot more than the B&G. When you roll off the volume on your guitar, the Dark retains its....darkness. The B&G can get am radio like at the last turn of the knob.

I had 2 B&Gs at the same time and liked the one I have now better than the other as it had more bass and the one I got rid of had a lot more mids.

I feel the same way about the B&G Meathead. It just worked so much better with my 1x12 60 watt combo.
The MH Dark overpowers my amp a bit too much. If I could, I'd swap the guts out with the B&G and keep the bad ass enclosure. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, though. I should have never sold that pedal. :doh:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

The B&G was my first meat and ultimately got me started on that pedal. I love it and it largely influenced me to get the Dark. It will be interesting to compare them all in a side-by-side. :party:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
happiass

Post by happiass »

Jazzandmetal? wrote:

Strange, my Dark is noticeably bassier than my my B&G (I just A/B'd them after reading this to be sure). Maybe my B&G is similar to the one you let go (it does seem to have a fair amount of mids)? :hmm: Of the two, I prefer the Dark (though the B&G isn't going anywhere). Shit, sorry if this confuses matters :doh: .