Take a picture win a prize...

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Take a picture win a prize...

Post by The Captain »

Head up freaks!
Its competition time! :badteeth: Weird goings on with the arise of more tentacle based threads and a thread dedicated showing off your handy work with a camera....must be something in the air eh. :wink2:

First up, you may or may not want to win the prize in question. Depends on your tastes in artwork really. I think you all now me well enough by now so you should know what to expect to some degree. The idea seemed fitting to the happenings around this place so I just rolled with it. I think this and the Size Queen were more my reaction to the Fuzzaround builds. Those were very strict and methodical. I had to do something creative at the opposite end of the spectrum. This is the result. You have been warned. :cthulhu:

So what is the horrible creature? Well it be a Meathead Extra...a hybrid Meathead Extra to be exact :party: Silicon and germanium fuzziness all wrapped up in one brightly colored horror.
The tone is fixed so there are controls over the amount of fuzz (Lurk) and volume (Moar) Its not quite finished internally so I'll post those pics as soon as.

Any huw, if you're still reading I guess you'd like to have a bash at winning this obscenity. Read on...

The competition is a photo competition :tu:

Simply take a picture of one your current D*A*M pedals in an original, amusing, entertaining or interesting way. Points are not awarded for the quality of the picture as such. I guess there should be rules or the like so here they are:

!. This is open to D*A*M forum members only.

2. You must have at least 50 posts to your name.*

3. Your photo must contain a D*A*M pedal.

4. You may submit up to 3 photos no more.

5. Your photo must be new. Not one you have already shown on the forum.

* The competition is my way of saying a thank you to all you lovely people for your continuing supporting. We really are nothing without you guys n gals :badlove:
So the 50 post limit is to keep the competition really for you insane folk here day in day out. If you are from the old ship and don't post much here and I know you but you ain't big on posting I will waver this.

The competition starts now! And ends on Friday December 5th 2008

Linzi and a friend of hers will do the judging. I will take no part in it. I will only collect the photos. To clarify the professional nature or quality of the image is not a prime factor. Originally is the key. Linzi will not see any on the pics until the judging and will not know who has taken them.

You can submit your pics via PM, I have a big inbox thanks to Mr. Tentacles :tu: or via my regular email address...as in via the site. You can PM me for that if you require it.

Depending on how festive I start to feel over the coming weeks I may add a 2nd and 3rd place prize.

I think thats it. Let me know if I've overlooked anything. Bam! :dance:

markom89

Re: Take a picture win a prize...

Post by markom89 »

This is awsome!
I can't wait to submit some photos.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Sickle wrote:WOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder you wouldn't tell me anything about it..

:badlove: :badlove: :badlove: :badlove: :badlove: :badlove:
:hihi: I've nearly been chewing my fucking fingers off over this, even Linzi didn't know. Phew. :smashed:
kb892

Post by kb892 »

Nice, nice, nice, very nice, yes please.
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

God I wish I was an artist right now, and I don't think I have 50 posts in the new forum. Am I cool since I have hundreds in the old forum?
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

Fuck me, I'd hire David Bailey for the day to win this pedal!!! HYBRID FUCKING MEATHEAD!!!!! The genius of it all :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
Volume over talent
Cado

Post by Cado »

aaland_brian wrote:God I wish I was an artist right now, and I don't think I have 50 posts in the new forum. Am I cool since I have hundreds in the old forum?
Aren't you disqualified because you won the last contest? :whistle:
squarewave

Post by squarewave »

How cool is this!!! I'm getting ideas already!!!!
Insta @drewcifer01 @lavafangs @andrew_sings_solo
SBlue

Post by SBlue »

WOW!!!
Can't wait for the results already!!!! I'm sure there are going to be some very interesting pics!
SBlue
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

squarewave wrote:How cool is this!!! I'm getting ideas already!!!!
I know. Super cool. I'm brainstorming as well. I have a super fast connection, but I'm glad this is not BIN because it gives people with bad internet a chance and it is a creative contest. This week is almost too good to be true, isn't it!?