Last Fuzzaround and an old piece o' shit....

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

jimi_dylan

Re: Last Fuzzaround and an old piece o' shit....

Post by jimi_dylan »

GTHM wrote:The Steve Ashe one perhaps(the cover looks nice, btw)? Thanks for sharing/reminding jimi_! :tu:
Your welcome. Cool that you want to read this. No, I do not recommend the Steve Ashe one. You can get a free text version on-line. J.H. Charlesworth did the classic version with commentary.
kb892

Post by kb892 »

1bottlerocket wrote:I wanted a second fuzzaround in a bad way, I know it may sound greedy, but I assure you all it is for preservation purposes. This is simply the best set of wiring I have seen, ever.
I feel very much the same, perhaps when the kids have moved on to the next big thing there will be another chance.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

amen on that!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
GTHM

Post by GTHM »

jimi_dylan wrote:
GTHM wrote:The Steve Ashe one perhaps(the cover looks nice, btw)? Thanks for sharing/reminding jimi_! :tu:
Your welcome. Cool that you want to read this. No, I do not recommend the Steve Ashe one. You can get a free text version on-line. J.H. Charlesworth did the classic version with commentary.
Thanks for the :heandsup:.
sundayfeast

Post by sundayfeast »

Sickle, the TROLL looks AWESOME!
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Sickle wrote::dance:

It was a sacrifice I had to reluctantly make to help brother Slo Chris get his Fuzzaround!

:party:

Sickle, if you ever need me to make a sacrifice for that Troll, just let me know :wink2:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
the watcher

Post by the watcher »

jimi_dylan wrote:Congrats, the watcher, on your Shrew!

Also...have you, or anyone else here, ever read the "Book of the Watchers" (ca. 400-300 B.C.E.) from 1 Enoch? This cool (and weird) story, which cannot be found in bibles but in pseudepigrapha compendiums that contain 1 Enoch, is about how Samyaza (a proto-Satan), and one of the Grigori (Greek for "The Watchers"), leads 199 fallen angels to breed with humans, which creates a half-breed race of giants called Nephilim (Hebrew for "Fallen Ones) who ruled over humans, feasting upon them and teaching them the creative arts, like music. According to 1 Enoch, to eradicate the Fallen Ones forever and save human beings, God caused Noah's flood.

Every time I see your forum name, I think of that! :paranoid:
Hey Jimi

I've never read it, but having heard the tale I intend tracking it down.
My forum name comes from the last track of Hawkwind's 'Doremi Fasol Latido' album, which features Lemmy singing from outer space with the most incredible fuzzed out bass sound.

The lyrics could be linked to the book your talking about, I'd never realised before!
Check out the track and see what you reckon... in fact check out the whole freakin' album if you've never heard it, its a total classic.
the watcher

Post by the watcher »

GTHM wrote:
jimi_dylan wrote:Congrats, the watcher, on your Shrew!
Oh, and +1!
Thanks my man :tu:

Sickle, what the Jumping Jehovas is THAT???

mezcalhead

Post by mezcalhead »

Yes, what the hell is that marvellous thing?

Plus, congrats to Messrs Watcher & Kranitz .. !
sundayfeast wrote:Dave, I think we need a new regular production or custom shop BASS FUZZ/ HEAVYDISTORTION at some point
Yes? No? Maybe? SHREW2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO?
I like this idea .. we all know the Buzzarounds were a very demanding build for the Captain .. the Shrew, being based on the Meathead, must be simple enough for him to knock out without raising much of a sweat, but different enough to be interesting as a custom run .. roll on the Electric Shrewgaloo!

:tu:
mezcalhead

Post by mezcalhead »

Of course it is .. I guess having A/B & Y written on it should have tipped me off. Very cool!