Last Fuzzaround and an old piece o' shit....

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

Graham

Re: Last Fuzzaround and an old piece o' shit....

Post by Graham »

kb892 wrote:Nice, my first effect was an opamp Muff Fuzz.... absolute sonic death with my rented noname tele and ss Hohner amp! Those were the days?
nice litttle fuzzes those tiny opamp muffs ive got a couple and think theyre great - got a big version with opamp too which I like a lot - funnily these
get bad press elsewhere - shame cos it must stop some folks from checking them out - mind you keeps the prices down!

doubt the shrews price will be kept down though!!
G

puzzle - were you seriously contemplating divorce from that yellow mk3 - if so...............

Greedy Graham
MMG

Post by MMG »

WHO will "tame" THAT shrew??
Salmon-the other pink meat
kb892

Post by kb892 »

Graham wrote: puzzle - were you seriously contemplating divorce from that yellow mk3 - if so...............

Greedy Graham
No such luck my friend. I think I would sooner sell my fire breathing dog Daisy, but if I was to change my mind I will surely let you know.
RC2

Post by RC2 »

I think thats my favorite name for a pedal I've seen "The DAM Old Piece O' Shit" I don't care what it does just put me on the list for one.
Graham

Post by Graham »

kb892 wrote:
Graham wrote: puzzle - were you seriously contemplating divorce from that yellow mk3 - if so...............

Greedy Graham
No such luck my friend. I think I would sooner sell my fire breathing dog Daisy, but if I was to change my mind I will surely let you know.
Koolio Kev - just out of interest how does the dog sound on single coils?
G
kb892

Post by kb892 »

Graham wrote: Koolio Kev - just out of interest how does the dog sound on single coils?
G
she smokes! :oops:
kb892

Post by kb892 »

On a more serious note, hey the last Fuzzaround is up and running...it is the last one right? Is it actually nmumber 62? F**kin A, when I put it like that I get an anxious feeling followed by a sudden need to win this final auction and take home "The Last".

(anyone remember that band from L.A. called The Last? (late 70's early 80's)).
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

The Shrew is cool - never knew you made that ! The OA Muzz Fuzz is another underrated circuit IMO...perhaps due to its simplicity, perhaps due to the original casing that it came in.

Thanks for the D*A*M history lesson Dave. I'd love to see a "D*A*M through the years" thread....all these weirdo limited circuits, as well as the more well known stuff all in one thread...be an interesting read.

For those interested in the op amp Muff Fuzz - a 470k to 1M resistor in parallel with the clipping diodes will stop the gating effect.
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

kb892 wrote:On a more serious note, hey the last Fuzzaround is up and running...it is the last one right? Is it actually nmumber 62? F**kin A, when I put it like that I get an anxious feeling followed by a sudden need to win this final auction and take home "The Last".

You have the first, you may as well have the last!

:freakout:

but if Jensen's is off limits, how the hell does the wife allow you around these parts?!!
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
kb892

Post by kb892 »

psycho*daisies wrote:
kb892 wrote:On a more serious note, hey the last Fuzzaround is up and running...it is the last one right? Is it actually nmumber 62? F**kin A, when I put it like that I get an anxious feeling followed by a sudden need to win this final auction and take home "The Last".

You have the first, you may as well have the last!

:freakout:

but if Jensen's is off limits, how the hell does the wife allow you around these parts?!!
keep it down! she's sitting right over there!