Meat & Potatoes

The word on the street, FAQ's, forum updates.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Re: Meat & Potatoes

Post by The Captain »

eek! I didn't realize this was such a head masher for some of your guys. Sorry bout that.
The Titans and Meats do usual move a little slower and with 18 to hand I was really expecting a few of em to sit there a little longer.

This whole EvilBay store thing is meant to be a pleasant little extra to the lists. We got 300+ pedals to get through so doing these odd lil runs are the best we can humanly manage at the moment with just 4 hands on the go.
I can't really stop anyone buying 2,3 or whatever of anything and I can't really think of another way to do this kinda thing. I'm not really sold on this raffle kinda pulling names from a hat kinda shit. Is it really any better? Is that fair also. Of course faster internet connections favour with the eBay thing but surely a lot of luck is involved too.
I could in theory have a mini list for batch of pedals like this but then I have added admin work of arranging it all and like I've mentioned before at what point of day would I declare it? It is going to favour one time zone over another regardless.

I will of course give this thought. This route was supposed to be that it was fair to all. So if it ain't then the plan is fucked. Maybe I should start hiding them in random sections when I list them, you know have a few Meatheads listed in the lingerie section, a seek and you will find type affair...I kid. :hihi:

Btw - the others go to Japan.
the_original_mr_nice

Post by the_original_mr_nice »

The Captain wrote: Maybe I should start hiding them in random sections when I list them, you know have a few Meatheads listed in the lingerie section, a seek and you will find type affair...I kid. :hihi:
That sounds like a fine idea, D*A*M effects and lingerie :hihi: As long as the majority of us on the forum aren't modelliing the lingerie :shocked2: That would be wrong, so wrong....... :whistle:
Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

I wouldn't worry about it. lots of us missed out but there were always going to be losers. The only suggestion I could make would be to list them in a single batch with each person limited to one, which would cut out on people buying 3, 4 or however many and help spread them out a bit.

You can take it for granted that however you do it there will always be people missing out for one reason or another, be it that they're at work when the listings go up, in the wrong time zone or whatever. Such is life, and at least there are the lists. We just need to show a little (or a lot of) patience.
jimi_dylan

Post by jimi_dylan »

+1 . I favor the Dr's prescription.
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

did anyones meathead ship
L O V E
Jazzandmetal?

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

Robapov wrote:did anyones meathead ship

Tomorrow. :dance:
kb892

Post by kb892 »

Sickle wrote:
I agree. Its David's show here, and I won't ever presume I know of a better way of doing things. He's as fair about doing this as he possibly could be, it just doesn't seem that way because for every winner there's a shitload of losers(me included!). Shit, I'm grateful that he even does it at all as he could always just stick to the lists and have less of a workload, but this is extra time he puts into his workload to try and please people, and should be commended for that sacrifice of his time and energy.

Also, uh...pulling names from a furking hat's about as silly an idea as I've ever heard.

:hihi:
My sentiments exactly, thanks for wording it so politely, I could not do so myself much to my own dismay!
aaland_brian

Post by aaland_brian »

Pulling names from a hat seems like something you would do at an 8 year olds birthday party, not in the DAM Forum. I think that the small ebay runs dave does are fun, and if you don't win, big deal no one promised you anything. :idunno:
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
MaryKelly

Post by MaryKelly »

My old meathead bit the dust for some reason today :(

This thread is making me sad.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I've been through a few of these auctions now and the same thing always comes up during the auction: "there has a to be a better way", until it's over. Then everyone seems to agree, it's ok.

It's ok. Ebay auctions are about the best way to do it. I missed out here and there because of one reason or another and that is just the way it goes sometimes. You can't have it all but you can have fun trying. Let's keep it fun! :party:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty