Son of Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

HorseyBoy

Re: Son of Oh shit, its the "I just boughted it" Thread!!!

Post by HorseyBoy »

innerflight wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:56 am ^^ seen a few Creepy Wah's pop up recently, like this grey on Reverb, its in Oz too Horsey :whistle: - https://reverb.com/item/12975841-creepy ... -2010-grey
Nice find, inner! If I wasn't currently on an impending holiday spending freeze I'd be sorely tempted. But even as it is I have way too may wahs. :hihi:
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

Here's my latest addition for the 666 cause:
Attachments
76E241BB-E2EA-45EB-A192-3A7961338004.jpeg
76E241BB-E2EA-45EB-A192-3A7961338004.jpeg (863.4 KiB) Viewed 2359 times
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

skelt101 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:52 pm Here's my latest addition for the 666 cause:
I’m tempted if I can get my hands on one in Australia.
What’s it like ?
skelt101

Post by skelt101 »

Fuzzisthebest wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:21 pm I’m tempted if I can get my hands on one in Australia.
What’s it like ?
I should mention that I'm still very much in the "Honeymoon Phase." Also, I've never played a Binson or Boonar, so I can't make those comparisons. That being said, I think the Echosex T7E is a very unique sounding echo! The quality of the repeats is probably most similar to an analog-type delay, ie no pristine echoes here! The Bass/Treble control affects the repeats only, and can go from very warm to percussive and (almost) metallic. In Repeat mode, the controls have to be cranked pretty high to get to self-occilation, but it is there. Swell mode is really cool, sounding halfway been echo and reverb. It will also self-occilate much earlier in this mode. The preamp itself is particularly nice, warm but still clear. My Belle Epoch Deluxe almost sounded harsh in comparison. The Age of Damage (modulation) control is useful for getting some "space" between the wet and dry signals. I do want to get an appropriate 12V adapter to see what that brings to the table. (Currently running at 9V.) I'm also curious how a higher gain tube would work. (It has a 12AU7 as stock.) Overall, I think the Echosex T7E is very inspiring and addictive to play through! :cheers:
Laservampire

Post by Laservampire »

Will be getting my RL Burnside on later this week when my ‘65 Kent Polara II arrives!

The finish on the back is rather knackered and the headstock logo is missing, so I may end up stripping it and making a black scratchplate.....
Ben
rootfifthoctave

Post by rootfifthoctave »

innerflight wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:56 am ^^ seen a few Creepy Wah's pop up recently, like this grey on Reverb, its in Oz too Horsey :whistle: - https://reverb.com/item/12975841-creepy ... -2010-grey
That's amazing, such a quality build
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Post by anemochore »

skelt101 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:42 pm
Fuzzisthebest wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:21 pm I’m tempted if I can get my hands on one in Australia.
What’s it like ?
I should mention that I'm still very much in the "Honeymoon Phase." Also, I've never played a Binson or Boonar, so I can't make those comparisons. That being said, I think the Echosex T7E is a very unique sounding echo! The quality of the repeats is probably most similar to an analog-type delay, ie no pristine echoes here! The Bass/Treble control affects the repeats only, and can go from very warm to percussive and (almost) metallic. In Repeat mode, the controls have to be cranked pretty high to get to self-occilation, but it is there. Swell mode is really cool, sounding halfway been echo and reverb. It will also self-occilate much earlier in this mode. The preamp itself is particularly nice, warm but still clear. My Belle Epoch Deluxe almost sounded harsh in comparison. The Age of Damage (modulation) control is useful for getting some "space" between the wet and dry signals. I do want to get an appropriate 12V adapter to see what that brings to the table. (Currently running at 9V.) I'm also curious how a higher gain tube would work. (It has a 12AU7 as stock.) Overall, I think the Echosex T7E is very inspiring and addictive to play through! :cheers:

Here is what seems a solid review. http://www.gilmourish.com/?p=7724

These guys were impressed
Don't make me assume my ultimate form
chankgeez

Post by chankgeez »

Just arrived from Oz due to the Herculean middleman efforts of the HorseyBoy:

(Thanks, Andrew!)
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
2guests

Post by 2guests »

^The old Tone Factor 442!!! Now there is some good times in that little red box. Sample from back in 2007...

"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

chankgeez wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:04 pm Just arrived from Oz due to the Herculean middleman efforts of the HorseyBoy:
Glad it got there safe and sound. Only bummer was I didn't have time to play it. :cheers: