The rockumentary, if you will, thread

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

chankgeez

Re: The rockumentary, if you will, thread

Post by chankgeez »

innerflight wrote: Thanks chankgeez I will watch that later :tu:
Yep, that clip's not perfect, but neither was Elliott.

:cheers2:
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
Dullboy

Post by Dullboy »

"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
agoldoor

Post by agoldoor »

Yeah, I apologize if I am turning anyone off of it, it was just fresh in my head and thought I'd share.

It was definitely one of those docs that if I had just watched it on Netflix for free, in that context, it'd be one of the better Netflix docs. But in the context of going to a movie across the golden gate and that hassle, the disappointment had a bigger impact I guess.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Paging Mr. Stringer. Dig it. Mick-fucking-Harris. Legend.

innerflight

Post by innerflight »

Punk The Capital kickstarter campaign, this should be a good one if it comes about :crackjam:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... hington-dc
’brutish in character but not thug like’
digdown2001

Post by digdown2001 »

innerflight wrote:Punk The Capital kickstarter campaign, this should be a good one if it comes about :crackjam:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11 ... hington-dc
Nice find, 2 of my all-time favourite public speakers in that lot, Rollins and Biafra. I got to see Jello give a public speech back in the early 90's, man, that was a great speech!! A decade earlier I bought a DK playlist with Jello's official vomit stain on it at one freaky underground auction, cost me $5.00 (I couldn't afford the records)......
Nice Marmot.....
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Just watched "Mr Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown" (a HBO Documentary). Couldn't find a trailer I could embed but there's one here:

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/mr-dyn ... ames-brown#/

Includes some phenomenal footage of James Brown's various bands, including the first version of the J.B.'s, featuring Phelps and Bootsy Collins (amazingly young) absolutely ripping shit up. Made me want to vamp on a ninth chord for seven hours straight.
Don't think I knew that JB had a Vox sponsorship - lots of footage and stills of an all-Vox backline, including five (yes, five) full Vox drum kits on the one stage with the Famous Flames.
agoldoor

Post by agoldoor »

The Punk the Capital trailer reminded me... anyone else watching this new HBO series, "Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways"?

I'm definitely NOT a fan of the foo fighters, but mostly, this is just a cool music doc series about various US cities. So far they hit Chicago and talk about Electrical Audio and Chicago bands, Washington DC and now Nashville this week.

Spretty good. If you don't dig the foo fighters, just switch it off right before the end when they do a Foo Fighters music video.
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

agoldoor wrote:The Punk the Capital trailer reminded me... anyone else watching this new HBO series, "Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways"?

I'm definitely NOT a fan of the foo fighters, but mostly, this is just a cool music doc series about various US cities. So far they hit Chicago and talk about Electrical Audio and Chicago bands, Washington DC and now Nashville this week.

Spretty good. If you don't dig the foo fighters, just switch it off right before the end when they do a Foo Fighters music video.

agreed. The Foo part is kinda the douche-wrapper around a pretty good music doc series. My only problem is that it's only 8 episodes and theyre going to all the cities you'd expect. I'd really love to see something similar where they go to the more off-the-beaten-path places.
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

"Looking for Johnny: The Legend of Johnny Thunders"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5QDh1o_huY

Whenever I think of P90 pickups (which is more than I should), I think of Johnny. Looking forward to seeing this one.