Interesting news about GIBSON.....>>>>

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Yggdrazil

Re: Interesting news about GIBSON.....>>>>

Post by Yggdrazil »

:agree:
Instagram:@Stonefly_effects

The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world.>David Fair
Philip

Post by Philip »

Firebird X and Scotland possibly becoming independent has made me lose any hope for the human race.
peps1

Re:

Post by peps1 »

Philip wrote:Firebird X and Scotland possibly becoming independent has made me lose any hope for the human race.
As Scotland can't have the Pound or the Euro, the new currency for a independent Scotland is ROCK!

Just for you Philip!
Philip

Post by Philip »

Fucking Hell! :shocked:
Scott

Post by Scott »

now THAT'S one UGLY guitar! .......

these are not.....
Attachments
photo(187).JPG
DucRyder

Re: Re:

Post by DucRyder »

peps1 wrote:
DucRyder wrote:
peps1 wrote: The US government was trying to enforce some Indian laws that even the Indians didnt enforce
In fairness, the Lacey Act is a US law, and Gibson put their hands up as guilty agreeing to a criminal enforcement agreement to avoiding criminal persecution, the DOJ dint loses a case as there never was a costly prosecution thanks to the agreement. :paranoid:
The piles of Federal lawyers at the DOJ didnt get paid? The Swat teams armed with AR-16s didn't get paid? The money spent to investigate, prosecute, serve warrants (with a federal judges involvement) for the the enforcement of Indian laws? Why does the .pdf you linked from the US government's own lawyers state "Indian Trade Policy"? Why did the DOJ say they are waiting for India to tell them what to do if it wasn't Indian law being enforced? Did you notice in the .pdf they also call out Madagascar trade law? Yes we are run by a group of dipshits so zealous to prosecute they will attempt to enforce laws that don't even exist here.

Gibson agreed to pay a fine so they didn't have to spend another 2.4 million dollars (which could've went to create jobs, like the dipshits in Govt always pay lip service to) defending against the Govt dipshits who have unlimited tax payer money to waste. I'm sure after having their business damaged by the confiscation of materials and paying out millions anyone would make that decision.

Then there's the underlying persecution of a business owner that supported an opposing political party. The IRS has already been outed for that and with NSA spying on every citizen there's no guessing how much "government action" is merely retaliatory political skulduggery imposed by power hungry dipshits.
Last edited by DucRyder on Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Laundromat wrote:
DucRyder wrote:Total dipshits running this country Gibson for many, many years.
:hihi:
We gotta dig up old Ted McCarty...... :hihi:
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

peps1 wrote:
DucRyder wrote:
peps1 wrote: the DOJ dint loses a case as there never was a costly prosecution thanks to the agreement. :paranoid:
The DOJ never had a case. They damaged a company to the tune of millions and threatened to keep the companies working assets. Think about it Brook, I bet you'd close your doors if someone did that kind of damage to your business.
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Scott wrote:now THAT'S one UGLY guitar! .......

these are not.....

P-90 SG> Buzzontron.... I bet that sounds unreal.
peps1

Post by peps1 »

DucRyder wrote:
The piles of hired lawyers at the DOJ didnt get paid? The Swat teams armed with AR-16s didn't get paid? for the the enforcement of Indian laws?
I would expect the lawyers at the DOJ and the armed federal agents involved are paid an annual salary, rather then per Republican they raid? Agian the Lacey Act is a US law.
DucRyder wrote: Why does the .pdf you linked from the US government's own lawyers state "Indian Trade Policy"? Why did the DOJ say they are waiting for India to tell them what to do if it wasn't Indian law being enforced? Did you notice in the .pdf they also call out Madagascar trade law? Yes we are run by a group of dipshits so zealous to prosecute they will attempt to enforce laws that don't even exist here.
Why does it state "Indian trade policy" (and Madagascar trade law for that matter).....Plants taken possessed or sold in violation of State or foreign law come under the Lacey act, so if the wood had been illegally logged in England and shipped to Gibson it would have said "English trade policy". The point is the wood doesn't stop being illegally logged as soon as it reaches a US port!
DucRyder wrote: Gibson agreed to pay a fine so they didn't have to spend another 2.4 million dollars (which could've went to create jobs, like the dipshits in Govt always pay lip service to) defending against the Govt dipshits who have unlimited tax payer money to waste. I'm sure after having their business damaged by the confiscation of materials and paying out millions anyone would make that decision.
I don't know why Gibson decided to pay the fines, I was not privy to any of the meting on the topic :oldgrin:
DucRyder wrote: Then there's the underlying persecution of a business owner that supported an opposing political party.
I would be more inclined to believe there was some sinister political motive if Gibson had not have been guilty of everything they were accused off :whistle:
DucRyder wrote: The DOJ never had a case. They damaged a company to the tune of millions and threatened to keep the companies working assets. Think about it Brook, I bet you'd close your doors if someone did that kind of damage to your business.
They clearly had enough of a case for Gibson to not want to fight it in the courts?

Your right, I would probably have to close my doors as I'm not as astute as Gibson, who have managed to turn this into a hugely successful range of sold out guitars and whip up all manner of publicity for their business and political party they support.

Just have to hit Google to see this is being written about almost exclusively by republican bloggers and news outlets.

Just like George Washington, when it come to politics....I don't party!