To brex or not to brex...

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Bert Ohlsson

Re: To brex or not to brex...

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

:tu:

Is there an amused Ringo in the audience - 0:28?
And Bill Wyman - 4:11? Michael Parkinson - 4:28...
resynthesis

Post by resynthesis »

2guests wrote:The media appears to be very upset with anyone going against their globalist agenda. That sheer volume of "the UK doom and gloom future" articles demonstrates the media is trying to belittle and denigrate what the UK freely chose.

My research shows that the EU is basically tied with the United States as the largest economy in the world. The United Kingdom has the 5th largest economy in the world. The UK is the 2nd largest economy in the EU just barely behind Germany, which is the largest economy in the EU and the 4th largest in the world. France is the 3rd largest economy in the EU and the 6th largest in the world.

To me, the reason the media is attacking the Brexit vote is because it gives validity to other countries to vote to leave the EU and govern themselves. If France were to leave the EU, the EU could possibly become the 3rd largest economy in the world behind China.

My conclusions are; if the media is against you, you are probably doing something worthwhile. The UK's economy is too large for the rest of the world "to put at the back of the queue" for trade. The EU want's to control the largest economy it possibly can so it can make the most money possible off of taxes, tariffs, and control of monetary funds from the people it controls.
In the UK, the biggest selling paper is The Sun which is firmly anti-EU. The second biggest is the Daily Mail which also backed Brexit. Between the two of them they account for about 50% of newspapers sold.
chankgeez

Post by chankgeez »

Brexit: best two out of three takes it
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
freddy_von

Post by freddy_von »

Bert Ohlsson wrote::tu:

Is there an amused Ringo in the audience - 0:28?
And Bill Wyman - 4:11? Michael Parkinson - 4:28...
Roger Taylor 1:00
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

We Americans supposedly live in a sovereign nation (though any nation with open borders isn't really sovereign) and this sovereign nation has a "North American Free Trade Agreement" or NAFTA signed by Mr. Bill Clinton which guarantees "free trade" between Mexico/ US /Canada....

would it be possible for the UK to have a similar "free trade" agreement with the EU? I'm sure just as the UK wants to do business with the EU, the EU wants the same?
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
devnulljp

Post by devnulljp »

Dear Bongo, No.
Good deals with all these guys
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

:lol:
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

I go away for a couple of days to celebrate midsummer and this shit goes down in the meanwhile. :errr:
Condolences, the bums lost!
resynthesis

Re:

Post by resynthesis »

DucRyder wrote:We Americans supposedly live in a sovereign nation (though any nation with open borders isn't really sovereign) and this sovereign nation has a "North American Free Trade Agreement" or NAFTA signed by Mr. Bill Clinton which guarantees "free trade" between Mexico/ US /Canada....

would it be possible for the UK to have a similar "free trade" agreement with the EU? I'm sure just as the UK wants to do business with the EU, the EU wants the same?
There is already something in place that does this sort of thing. It's how Switzerland (amongst others) carries out its trading. There are the EEA and EFTA agreements which are a possibility. The other (weird) alternative is that Scotland and Gibraltar stay in the EU and the rest of the UK maintain connections in that way. This has been proposed in the last couple of days but it seems a bit convoluted.
2guests

Post by 2guests »

Well, this is an interesting twist in events...

"Has Britain avoided a ‘European superstate’? France and Germany ‘draw up plans to morph EU countries into one with control over members’ armies and economies’"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... omies.html

...truth, or subversion from some group that would like to see the EU collapse?
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy