New Matamp Site

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

sluttyindian

Re: New Matamp Site

Post by sluttyindian »

1bottlerocket wrote:That is completely unacceptable for a new amp to do that right out of the factory. I wonder to myself if the QC people are even playing these amps and burning them in. If they are, why in the hell are they shipping them to paying customers? After reading this thread I would never come close to buying a Matamp and steer everyone I know away from them. That is so fucked up.
Yeah Ive had similar thoughts and I posted here to give my DAM frens a headsup. Pretty unacceptable, glad that weasal got his money back. Mines currently in the shop, I will find out soon why the H.T. fuse went (again) and let y'all know.
"These pedals are like women, when you need one there's none around. When you finally get in a serious relationship with one, they come out of the woodwork." -Turkish
Captain_Phildo

Post by Captain_Phildo »

Well, this is disappointing to say the least. I think I'll still call into the factory and try the reissue GT120. It seems to be a really sought-after vintage amplifier which wouldn't make sense to me if the build quality is generally poor. Were the originals hit and miss also?
moose

Post by moose »

Captain_Phildo wrote:Well, this is disappointing to say the least. I think I'll still call into the factory and try the reissue GT120. It seems to be a really sought-after vintage amplifier which wouldn't make sense to me if the build quality is generally poor. Were the originals hit and miss also?
Apparently the master volume version fixes the issues with the non master keeping the 70s specs that cause trouble. Other nice option is the 90s Or120 reissues built by Matamp. Master volume and nice gain on them or clean with gain down.
Captain_Phildo

Post by Captain_Phildo »

moose wrote:
Captain_Phildo wrote:Well, this is disappointing to say the least. I think I'll still call into the factory and try the reissue GT120. It seems to be a really sought-after vintage amplifier which wouldn't make sense to me if the build quality is generally poor. Were the originals hit and miss also?
Apparently the master volume version fixes the issues with the non master keeping the 70s specs that cause trouble. Other nice option is the 90s Or120 reissues built by Matamp. Master volume and nice gain on them or clean with gain down.
It's the non-master volume version I am interested in...perhaps I'll wait a while and see if the reviews improve. There aren't many options in the UK for new hand-wired NMV amps, particularly if one isn't interested in the Marshall flavour.
moose

Post by moose »

Captain_Phildo wrote:
moose wrote:
It's the non-master volume version I am interested in...perhaps I'll wait a while and see if the reviews improve. There aren't many options in the UK for new hand-wired NMV amps, particularly if one isn't interested in the Marshall flavour.
They both essentially have a master volume just one has a a rotary switch for gain settings and one has a full knob.
sluttyindian

Post by sluttyindian »

Got the matamp back, HT fuse has blown and all the new tubes that were put in by the tech were fucked. He replaced them with tung sols and ran it for a while and he said it seemed to be stable. Hopefully it lasts for whoever gets it next, ill keep playing it to check on the stability.
"These pedals are like women, when you need one there's none around. When you finally get in a serious relationship with one, they come out of the woodwork." -Turkish