eBay spit the dummy out

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

innerflight

eBay spit the dummy out

Post by innerflight »

Nothing new there but they are claiming they will deduct the final fee off you if you even try to make contact with a buyer outwith eBay

Blurb :fu: -

Here’s a summary of the main changes:
• We’ve added new terms to the User Agreement to clarify that users are not permitted to complete outside of eBay any sales transactions with each other arising from items listed on the eBay platform. Offers to buy and sell or communicate outside of eBay constitute policy violations and may be subject to a range of actions including limits on buying and selling privileges as well as the application of final value fees for such transactions, the application of fees for the introduction of a seller to a buyer and the recovery of expenses for policy monitoring and enforcement. The same can result from sharing or requesting contact information with the intention to trade outside of eBay. You can read the relevant policy here.
• We have included language which means that we may deduct fees, charges or other amounts which you owe us from an eBay credit balance held or controlled by you.
’brutish in character but not thug like’
Zacharia Matilda

Re: eBay spit the dummy out

Post by Zacharia Matilda »

I closed my account with them. I can't think of a single reason to use them. Can anyone else? :hmm:
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

They'll lose a lot of business
mam8dg

Post by mam8dg »

I can't remember the last time I sold something on ebay. The fees were already ridiculous. This just makes a bad system worse.
migsmoon.bandcamp.com
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

They matched Reverb's fees for music shit at least. :badteeth:
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
daCod

Post by daCod »

how long until reverb does something along these lines? i've ended a few auctions as i've sold things here that were listed there. when you end a listing you have two options: no longer selling (no fee) or sold outside of reverb (% owed to them) wonder how many people choose the fee option? and wonder how much longer until they take away the option and make the fee mandatory?
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

superslidetail wrote:They matched Reverb's fees for music shit at least. :badteeth:
they sometimes do a 'special offer" at weekends etc where they only take a £1 fee for whatever you sell so I try and take advantage of that, but this month alone I paid them £135 in fees :roll:

Ive been caught twice lately trying to do deals off eBay and they got snooty :hihi:

heres the message I got -

Hello boywiththeblues*,
We’re writing to let you know that activity on your account may not be following an important eBay policy that requires all transactions and payments to be completed through eBay. The same policy specifies that eBay member-to-member messages may not be used to share contact information, and you may not display contact information in a listing without the permission of eBay or except as required by law.

For example(s), review your listing and member messages regarding the following:
162623945192 - T-Rex Replicator Tape Delay Pedal

There’s a very good reason for this policy. Only transactions conducted through eBay can be covered by eBay Seller Protections—programmes that help ensure sellers can conduct business on eBay with confidence. Also, eBay has invested a great amount to bring you buyers, and we want to continue to partner with you in the fulfillment of transactions with them.

Even if a buyer requests to work with you directly, it’s important to use the methods eBay provides to personalise a transaction. For example, you can make a private offer to your buyer. You can also set up your listings to invite best offers.

We understand that you might not have known about our rules that don’t allow sharing contact information in messages or making an offer to sell outside of eBay. We encourage you to review the details of the policy to understand what you can and can’t do. At this time, no further action is being taken on your account; we want to educate you on the policy. Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges, some or all of your listings ending or not being displayed in eBay search results, listing fees not being refunded for non-displayed listings, application of fees, changes to Seller Standards rating, and restrictions on account features.

If you have any questions, contact us:
http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=3030

Thanks,

eBay
’brutish in character but not thug like’
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

"We understand that you might not have known about our rules..."

Can you claim that everytime? :lol:
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
daCod

Post by daCod »

ass clowns.
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
capricorn_1

Post by capricorn_1 »

I'm buying a 2nd hand workbench at the moment from ebay, lots of messages as I am going to pick it up and pay with cash, wonder if situations like this will be affected?
Ghost Effects, Birmingham, UK

the Sizzle Hills are Chapel Perilous - Sickle