Battery Talk

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Freed

Battery Talk

Post by Freed »

Not sure if there is already a topic for this and my A.D.D. prevents me from successfully navigating the Search function beyond one page of results...
Wanted to create a general discussion area for matter related to Power
Sooooo Here we go

1.) I hate adaptors and extra cable mess I use batteries exlusively where and when I can.

2.) I have been using the Black/Blue Carbon Zinc Panasonics for several years now exclusively...I swapped one out with a different brand (danelectro) Carbon 9v in my SupaFuzz and Lo and behold after several tests in different pedals with matched ratings etc.... I have determined those Panasonics sound Harsh ... they sound the same as a Rayovac Alkaline ... Anyone else experiment with different brands and their affects on effects?

3.) Just got a vintage DOD 280 I really diggin on and read that this pedal prefers an Alkaline battery to tight the knee of the compression I did some tests and sure enough Alkaline and Carbon Zinc do produce different effects ... The Alkaline was better for chords and the Carbon was better for getting lead SAG ...Question then being as I am not versed on Alkalines is what is the go to brand for Alkaline batteries.
innerflight

Re: Battery Talk

Post by innerflight »

Gotta go Green man :tu:
94127-pic01-700x700.jpg
94127-pic01-700x700.jpg (63.13 KiB) Viewed 3185 times
’brutish in character but not thug like’
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Hmm, I always thought the Panasonic carbon zincs sounded better than any other alkalines like Duracell, Energizer, etc. They sounded harsh to me. I do use the Duracell Procell ones though, I think they're red and and black. They aren't bad. :hmm:
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Carbon Zinc for me!! Kodak, Sony etc
daCod

Post by daCod »

just ordered a pile of parts/shit from mammoth to finish the god city brutalist. bought half a doz of these bad boys. cheap cheap CHEAP so we'll see if they're any good.

E-6F22 Battery 9V Carbon Zinc

https://www.mammothelectronics.com/products/4se-6f22-9v
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Freed

Post by Freed »

superslidetail wrote:Hmm, I always thought the Panasonic carbon zincs sounded better than any other alkalines like Duracell, Energizer, etc. They sounded harsh to me. I do use the Duracell Procell ones though, I think they're red and and black. They aren't bad. :hmm:
sorry let me clarify .... compared to Alkaline (duracell/engerizer/rayovac) the Carbon Zinc Panasonic sounded better .... but compared to some other Carbon Zinc the Panasonic sounded Worse
Freed

Post by Freed »

superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Freed wrote:
superslidetail wrote:Hmm, I always thought the Panasonic carbon zincs sounded better than any other alkalines like Duracell, Energizer, etc. They sounded harsh to me. I do use the Duracell Procell ones though, I think they're red and and black. They aren't bad. :hmm:
sorry let me clarify .... compared to Alkaline (duracell/engerizer/rayovac) the Carbon Zinc Panasonic sounded better .... but compared to some other Carbon Zinc the Panasonic sounded Worse
Ah ok got it. I'll have to try one of those danelectros.
This is a pretty cool site seeing all the battery innards. :tu:
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Rygar

Post by Rygar »

Who's got the GreenCell hookup in the USA?

I need some AA for my DAM AA. Please nobody use copper top Duracell in your AA ! those things have destroyed two of my MAglites and Maglite used to warranty everything but has now added a Duracell exclusion. The copper top is an easy reminder to stay the fuck away!

For 9 volts I've been liking the Walgreens carbon zinc. Walgreens is good for 9 volts and snacks and cough syrup.
Rygar

Post by Rygar »

20 D energizers. Motherfucker you!
Attachments
rrahim.jpg
rrahim.jpg (117.43 KiB) Viewed 3055 times