Analog Delays...what do you like?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Lach

Re: Analog Delays...what do you like?

Post by Lach »

My delay use is fairly minimal.. hard to go wrong with the Carbon Copy to just add that bit of dimension. I have an Ibanez Echo Shifter too which is great, offers more control over the modulation if you want that
fernieite

Post by fernieite »

I've got two analog delays, and I like em both. A late 70's DMM, which is usually mentioned in threads like this; and an old grey Arion SAD-1.

The Arion is very cool and affordable. Just don't step on it too hard cause It's plastic! Sounds great though! :freakout:
Great deals with: Stu, Graham, Sickle, Devnulljp, SteveG, peps1, paine, fuzzface6669, jetofuj, sciencefriction, jerms, rafmax, Bigfoot2000, whiskeyfuneral, monolithfuzz.
welshchris

Post by welshchris »

I’ve used most mentioned here.

It’s hard to fault the Carbon Copy, affordable and sturdy. I’d rate it as good an old DM2 I owned.

I’m using a Carbon Copy and moog MF Delay on my boards.

Had a load of fun in the studio last week with an EQD Disaster Transport SR but that might be overkill.
... No I can't turn down
pothole

Post by pothole »

A good DM-2 is hard to beat but lately I've been running the analog mode on a Boss DD-7. 800ms, tap tempo, semi-dark like a DM-2, and pretty damn convincing decay on the repeats.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

I've been using an old Boss DM-2 for a very long time. When I was living in Japan I could score them on the cheap and went through close to 20 of them. I have it narrowed down to my 3-4 favorites.

I think the Echoczar catches a lot of shit for whatever reason but I really like that one too. I can get a ton of sounds out of it with the angelbaby and an expression pedal.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I like the DM-2 as well. In fact the new waza craft DM-2 is almost exactly the same sounding as the original that I compared it to but has the ability to double the delay time. Carbon Copy is personally too dark and not enough presence for my tastes. The echozcar is a great one as well, I owned one for a time, but honestly the Moog runs circles around it and is more readily available and cheaper.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")