Charles Manson....Dead at 83?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

psycho*daisies

Charles Manson....Dead at 83?

Post by psycho*daisies »

I know, this comes up every year or so.... But is this time fur reals?

https://en-volve.com/2017/11/17/breakin ... ead-at-83/
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
The Captain

Re: Charles Manson....Dead at 83?

Post by The Captain »

Narp. Officially, still alive.
daCod

Post by daCod »

#fakenews

:badteeth:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

Haha, i had a feeling...Just like last time, and before that, etc...

Well, one of these days it'll be true and the world will roll it's eyes.

Taxes, Rent, Death...
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
anemochore
Location: Outside of Suquamish at the bottem end of Hawkeye's trail next door to Nooshkum

Post by anemochore »

Don't make me assume my ultimate form
SilverTightrope

Post by SilverTightrope »

He tried to recruit my ex mother in law back in the late 60’s, good riddance! :madhi:
~Actually I think Art lies in both directions - the broad strokes, big picture but on the other hand the minute examination of the apparently mundane. Seeing the whole world in a grain of sand, that kind of thing~ Peter Hammill
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

I have a friend on Facebook, a photographer, who went to his trial one day in 1970. Here's her story:

SEAT #17
GOODBY CHARLIE! by Ellen B.
"I’m most likely one of the only persons that you know who received the attention of Charles Manson. When I was just about to turn 17 years old & become a Senior in High School, I attended the Manson (Tate-LaBianca) murder trial at the old Hall of Justice building that summer of 1970.
A family friend who was attending USC Law School told me about attending the trial. One could go to the trial? I was told that actor Peter Falk had gone. I was very interested in becoming a writer. I would read the LA Times daily recap of the trial & would also read the underground newspaper the LA Free Press accounts being covered by The Fugs Ed Sanders who then went on to write his best seller 'The Family'. It was as if 2 different trials were being written about so I decided to go to see for myself. In those early 70s days – no ‘spectator’ really went to sensational trials like they have done so in the past 2 decades. I was one of the only few ‘spectators’ that day along with my good friend Laurie Howard.
After being allowed into the courthouse, I was directed to the very top floor where the murder trials took place. I don’t remember any top security to go through other than being given my assigned seat number - #17 card.
What many people don’t know or remember is that it was a JOINT trial - Charlie with ALL of the Girls - Susan Atkins, Leslie Van Houten & Patricia Krenwinkel. He sat on the left hand side while all the Girls sat at a table opposite him on the right side. I was seated right by the Girls. They all were so young like me. I immediately saw Ed Sanders whom I recognized plus he was the only ‘Hippie’ there wearing sandals. Everyone else was dressed up in very conservative Business attire – all reporters. I tapped Ed on his shoulder & we spoke for a while. He was happy that I had recognized him. A couple of Charlie’s female followers whom I saw outside of the courthouse were seated right next to me – yes they had carved their foreheads & you can see pictures of them outside of the courthouse on the internet.
Well Charlie would try to connect with whatever young person was sitting in the courtroom. He loved that his female followers / fans were there. I was directly in his line of vision. I was a 'new one' for him. There were times that he really tried to ‘hypnotize’ me with his intense piercing eyes. Transfixed upon me. Not letting up with his gazes. Thinking that he could ‘control’ me but his Svengali wasn’t working on me. Manson was truly creepy & I was very uneasy at times. It was weird but the whole experience was fascinating to me. Here he was! This diminutive guy who orchestrated such EVIL. These horrific murders changed my city forever. Fear permeated it. No more trust, no more hitch hiking by many. If you lived here then, you would know what I’m talking about. It was never the same.
My court session was a very interesting day – there were a number of ‘witnesses’ that took the stand the first being Mrs. Winifred Chapman who was the cook and housekeeper. She was one who discovered all of the bodies. Devastating testimony. Then it was 19 year old William E. Garretson who was the caretaker living in the estate’s cottage. Following were Police Commander R. C. Madlock, Lieutenant J. J. Gregoire, Sergeant F. Gravante & Sergeant T. L.Rogers who were the first to arrive on the scene. What was more interesting is that the jury was dismissed & Manson took the stand for over 20 minutes complaining about his jail conditions. In those days, all the defendants were kept in the building’s basement jail cells. NO sympathy for him! To watch lawyers Irving Kanerek (representing Manson) & the brilliant LA County Deputy District Attorney Vincent Bugliosi in action was quite something.
I along with my friend was sketched by renowned & legendary Television News Courtroom Artist Bill Robles. That day I was wearing a white suit with a dark purple tank top featuring a big black star – very Rock ‘N’ Roll. Later that evening, on many of the local & national news stations reporting on the daily recap of the trial, I appeared! My Mother was NOT thrilled to say the least!!!
There is more to my story but too long to put here. Especially the part going to The Source restaurant on the Sunset Strip after the trial & seeing other attendees. I left in a private elevator (not for the public but I was a rebel!) with Leslie Van Houten’s attorney Ronald Hughes who would later disappear on a camping trip & be discovered dead. I was supposed to turn in my assigned seat card but NO WAY! Now I have to try to obtain the Bill Robles’s drawing of me! We are on fb & he has thousands of drawings from the months of this trial. His work is extremely collectable by lawyers & others.
So with Manson’s death, a chapter is finally closed but the book lives on with the unconscionable devastation done to the victims’ family members & friends. I truly hope that this helps in some small way for them. Svengali has finally 'left the building'!"
Attachments
Seat17 Ellen Berman Manson Trial 1970.jpg
Seat17 Ellen Berman Manson Trial 1970.jpg (175.27 KiB) Viewed 2173 times
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...