What would you do?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Yggdrazil

Re: What would you do?

Post by Yggdrazil »

Restocking fees.. He's not a store not a builder!!!

Did you told the guy before that you will take it back if he's not fully into it? I assume no.
In your situation, I would not take it back; plain simple
Instagram:@Stonefly_effects

The idea is to put a pick in one hand and a guitar in the other and with a tiny movement rule the world.>David Fair
chankgeez

Post by chankgeez »

:popcorn:
"Kiev is a hell of a town." - Larry King
daCod

Post by daCod »

what's the pedal you're dealing with here? i agree with MEG - no returns. you're not a big box store. like blunder said - sounds like buyers remorse to me.

if you do decide to go above and beyond most definitely charge a restock fee. 15-25% is completely acceptable in my book.

of course this is just my shitty opinion on a shitty wednesday morning in shitty nebraska where it's shitty outside in shitty february.

shit :gripe:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

It was my Orange Sola MKIV, does exactly what it says on the tin

Politely told him I’m not a shop and if he doesn’t like it then sell it on, gave him a shit hot deal in the first place
’brutish in character but not thug like’
nad

Post by nad »

One time I bought a used cab on a forum and about an hour later realized it was NOT the cab (nor the droid) I was looking for. I asked the dude for a refund but only if he hadn't packed it up or allocated those funds to something else. Also, totally understood if he said "nope, it's yours now, man." He sent me a refund no harm no foul, so I told him if he ever bought something for me I'd give him like a $50 discount for being a pain in the ass.

That was 10 years ago and I was an asshole for even asking, but the guy was cool about it. So the one time someone asked me for a refund, years later, I granted it without question. And that dude was a fucking idiot that didn't read the ad, at all. But, my karmic refund conscience is now clear.

No More Refunds, Sell It Yourself. :cthulhu2:
"'Tis a world of creditors, of which the tomb and the worm are the last. There is little left for the devil, when these have taken their due account."
--The Skeleton
mam8dg

Post by mam8dg »

Good call. If the pedal works as it should and everything is as described, returns are not part of person to person dealing. If the buyer doesn't dig the pedal, it's their responsibility to flip it.
migsmoon.bandcamp.com
daCod

Post by daCod »

innerflight wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:03 pm It was my Orange Sola MKIV, does exactly what it says on the tin

Politely told him I’m not a shop and if he doesn’t like it then sell it on, gave him a shit hot deal in the first place
maybe he was after a toobscreamer DERP DERP DERP!!!
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
cajone5

Post by cajone5 »

I have taken a similar return on eBay. My policy was buyer pays shipping both ways and a 15% restocking fee. He agreed. I got it back and resold it. Not ideal but it worked out fine. I agree that personal sales make this a bit hairy, so make it reasonable and use your gut to decide if a return is worth it.
Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
Fuzzisthebest

Post by Fuzzisthebest »

IMO , The buyer needs to take responsibility , if a pedal doesn’t sound like you hoped then move it on until you find something that floats your boat .
Coolhand78

Post by Coolhand78 »

Depends, if you thought you could sell it again easily, weren't in a hurry for the money and it was a regular here then I'd consider it but I wouldn't refund until the pedal had been returned exactly as it left.
and it would be minus all shipping costs...

but if ebay or reverb or a random, then nup up to them to sell it on...
"Yorkshire isn't a place. Yorkshire is a state of mind." ~ Howard Moon