What would you do?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

innerflight

What would you do?

Post by innerflight »

Got this message today, he has my answer but just wondered what you would do? :popcorn:

Hi Ian,
the pedal arrived safely at my place yesterday. Thanks for the expedient delivery! However, it somehow sounds soo much different from what I expected that I have to ask whether it might be possible to return it. How´s your policy on this? Sorry that I have to ask...

Best,
’brutish in character but not thug like’
SilverTightrope

Re: What would you do?

Post by SilverTightrope »

Only if it’s defective somehow would I agree to take it back, you’re a private seller not a retail store. Not to mention, if you did happen to agree to take it back for whatever reason, there’s always the chance that he could’ve messed with it or screwed it up somehow...in that case you’re shit outta luck. If he doesn’t like it, let him resell it.
~Actually I think Art lies in both directions - the broad strokes, big picture but on the other hand the minute examination of the apparently mundane. Seeing the whole world in a grain of sand, that kind of thing~ Peter Hammill
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

I understand it.
Sometimes you buy something through recommendation and it doesn’t quite sound as good as you had heard or it doesn’t bond with your gear.
Still personally I’m not a shop. Providing it’s all working and was as I described when I sold it the deal is done.
No returns from the Doc not shop! If you do it for one you’d do it for everyone.
If I could have returned all my stuff I bought in past because it didn’t match up in my head I’d be a lot richer.
Zacharia Matilda

Post by Zacharia Matilda »

I have to agree. If there is something objectively wrong with the pedal then sure. But something subjective like the way the pedal sounds wouldn't require a refund. Just my 2 cents. I may ask for a refund on it though if you don't like my advice. :mrgreen:
"What we need is a love bomb. A 100% gold plated, purified love bomb."
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

i take returns, but i might not deal with the returner again
make sure pedal is returned as sent and all costs are covered
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

jreeves47 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:18 pm i take returns, but i might not deal with the returner again
I would do the same, so long as its a normally stocked item and not a custom build.
rafmax

Post by rafmax »

Whatever you do, don't forget to leave him a good feedback Here :hihi:
Dr Tony Balls wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:53 pm
jreeves47 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:18 pm i take returns, but i might not deal with the returner again
I would do the same, so long as its a normally stocked item and not a custom build.
Rygar

Post by Rygar »

This is why I have stuff I should sell but I don't. I expect people to conduct themselves as I would and you know.
But then things would be boring right! I'd probably give their return and remember next time.
blunder

Post by blunder »

Sounds like a case of buyers remorse to me. I've never bought a pedal that "sounded so much different than I expected"
sir h c

Post by sir h c »

10-20% restocking fee. You are not a lending library!