What pedal makes this fuzz sound?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Gemma Thrush

Re: What pedal makes this fuzz sound?

Post by Gemma Thrush »

HorseyBoy wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:06 am Yep, I reckon the Spidey fuzz is an FZ-1. Here's a quick recording straight into an iPod: Greco Les Paul > jerms FZ-1 > VibroChamp. Bridge pickup, a tiny bit of tremolo from the amp (because buzzy fuzz and trem go hand in hand), attack on the fuzz set around 3, so plenty of room to go:

https://soundcloud.com/boy_called_horse/spidey-fz1
This is excellent!!
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

HorseyBoy wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:06 am Yep, I reckon the Spidey fuzz is an FZ-1. Here's a quick recording straight into an iPod: Greco Les Paul > jerms FZ-1 > VibroChamp. Bridge pickup, a tiny bit of tremolo from the amp (because buzzy fuzz and trem go hand in hand), attack on the fuzz set around 3, so plenty of room to go:

https://soundcloud.com/boy_called_horse/spidey-fz1
Awesome clip Horsey - that clip sounds dead on. I so want an early type fuzz that can make these sounds.

I listened to the Ghost effects Incarnation - and the second clip where it is performing like a traditional fuzz rite in the middle of the clip - sounds spot on.

The spider man clip definitely sounds more angry, where the Scooby doo sounds more garage-y (IMO). I wonder if the flexibility of the Ghost Effects Lunar Incantation can get some pseudo fz1 sounds too. If so, Im on it!

2 transistor germanium fuzzes are just that sound for me. I have a Super Bee and Analogman NKT Red Dot - so something along these lines is definitely my next purchase. I know this is Silicon, maybe this could be my first silicon fuzz.

Great thread and appreciate all who have chimney in!

Matt
rootfifthoctave

Post by rootfifthoctave »

Has anyone mentioned the Orpheum? I have a Ge clone and it's definitely in the same family as the fz1 and fuzzrite in terms of buzzy garagey fuzz sounds.