Heading to Seattle

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

HorseyBoy

Heading to Seattle

Post by HorseyBoy »

Yup, I’m headed to Seattle at the end of June for a family vacation. Be there from June 27 to July 1. From there we’re hitting the San Juan Islands then flying to Bozeman for a trip through North Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. Then we go through Missoula and Spokane before we wind up on a ranch somewhere near the Idaho/Montana border.
As usual, I don’t know many of the finer details. Carry the bags, wrangle the kids, drive the car, behave myself and hope for a little time off for good behaviour. Might even get a Seattle fuzz session in while I’m there…
I've never been to Seattle, so all and any suggestions of things to see, eat and do are very welcome. Guitar shops, record stores, book stores - all the good stuff! And I’m always happy to meet up with a DAM brother and geek out wherever I can. Oh, and if anyone needs anything from Oz, just let me know and I'll find room in the luggage.
freddy_von

Re: Heading to Seattle

Post by freddy_von »

There HAS to be a ‘Seattle Fuzzout’ with HorseyBoy included.
Make it happen!
2guests

Post by 2guests »

That is going to be a great trip! The scenery is beautiful where you are traveling.
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

sounds awesome - yellowstone is amazing!
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

Get to Yellowstone before it explodes.
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
Turkish

Post by Turkish »

Seattle is a cool place. It's touristy but one of my favorite things I did there was the Seattle Underground tour. The EMP exhibit was rad too. I didn't get into any music/record shops tho. The art museum was great too. Great food everywhere.

Oddly enough I'll be in Montana the same time you are. Paradise Valley. Madison River. Etc.
"The Meathead is supposed to break things" -The Captain
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I work at thunderroad guitars in west seattle. Definitely pm me and well meet up there. Emerald city guitars is cool too but more a museum than a guitar shop. Nothing is affordable there.
Awesome food spots:
Two carribean sandwich shops (used to be owned by the same family...long story): paseo and un bien...both amazing
The walrus and the carpenter: fresh oyster bar...do it
Pintxo: awesome spanish tapas
Green Leaf: killer Vietnamese food
Jive time: great record shop, so is gerogetown records
Take the kids to discovery park, they have sand dunes and a nice view of the puget sound
Holy Mountain brewing: the best in seattle
Cloudburst brewing: the best IPA's in seattle
Chucks hop shop: there's two locations, you can bring the kids with you (they have ice cream) and they have an awesome selection of local beers.

Fair warning: depending on what part of town you're staying in...traffic is fucking TERRIBLE here. Like Los Angeles bad. Expect everything to be 30 min away, and if its between the hours of 3pm-7pm double that.
Also, avoid downtown. Pike place market is fun, i guess, but downtown is a shithole and full of winos and homeless people. It sucks.
Also, make your ferry reservations ASAP for whatever isalnd in the san juans you're going to. Seriously, you could wait all day for a ferry if you don't book in advance. When you're going is peak tourist season it gets crazy. Book now!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jerms

Post by jerms »

hey horsey where you staying while you're here?? you gotta come over for a fuzzout and a beer!!
jagermonster

Post by jagermonster »

Don't know a lot about Seattle, but last time I was there I smoked a lot of legal weed and got two great meals at No Anchor, a beer bar with terrific food. Strongly, strongly recommended.

https://www.noanchorbar.com/
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

jerms wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:09 pm hey horsey where you staying while you're here?? you gotta come over for a fuzzout and a beer!!
Definitely, man! We're staying somewhere close to the edge of downtown, towards Lake Union. Sure I can figure out how to get to you. :cheers: