"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
pagan

Re: EQ pedals

Post by pagan »

Fromel shape eq is a good one. It’s got a good buffer, too. I put mine after a fuzz face, with 5 pedals after it. The buffer makes a really noticeable difference.
Instagram @paganfuzz
Dr Tony Balls

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

+1 hell yes and let us not forget the awesomeness of the state variable filter for doing similar shit!
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

As luck would have it, a friend of mine is giving me his old battered, probably scratchy and noisy Boss GE7 to try out :party:
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

I like the Colorsound Overdriver/Power Boost as an EQ. :smashed:
Condolences, the bums lost!
Philip

Post by Philip »

Yes, it colors the sound quite nicely. :hihi:
jtn191

Post by jtn191 »

the Wampler Equator looks nice

I'd looked at the Danelectro too
2guests

Post by 2guests »

The Boss eq's are good and also have a very handy volume level on them. GE 7 is a classic.
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
norhyme

Post by norhyme »

TC Electronic Dual Parametric Equalizer!

These are hard to find ... but they do not colour your sound unless you turn the knobs and then they sound really good.
Since the DPE has a buffer it is best to use it after the fuzz. The clean boost of it also sounds really natural - but you should run it at least on 18 V.

One thing to consider is that the power supply socket is somehow special and you need some kind of "not available anymore-plug". So the best thing is to get a 9V battery snap with a cable adapter to a regular female per socket.
That is also the reason why a lot of these used pedals have holes drilled in the baseplate or side - or signs of people who messed with the internal jack. Unfortunately it is soldered to the cirquit board.
I use Diago adapter cables and bought a Hammond baseplate in which I drilled a nice hole to preserve the original (which doesn't have a hole obviously...)

Oh I actually used it for my "clean" sound. I wanted to dial back the presence on my blackface deluxe reverb so that it sounds thick and juicy with a FuzzFace and MkII TB without piercing highs.

But for that cleanish fender sparkle I put the signal through the DPE. Dang!
I wasn't happy with the boost pedals I tried for that since they either colored the sound (not always in a bad way - but I wanted to hear that amp) or they boosted the "wrong" frequency...
Treble boosters added to much character (rooster/chicken coop/driver) and boosters just didn't get the right frequency (Lehle "Sunday Driver" "Julian" Xotic EP RC booster).
..all great pedals ...I was even ready to try out an Empress paraEQ...

The TC DPE smokes them all when it is about specific equalization - such as I wanted in this occasion...

BUT - I found an even better solution!! I found the sweet spot on my amp where I'm happy with the clean sound AND with what the fuzzes are spitting out !
Ha!

:cheers:
“Interviewer: 'So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?' Frank Zappa: 'You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?” ― Frank Zappa