Really?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

kb892

Really?

Post by kb892 »

Holistic approach? Really? I've been away for a while and this is where things went? Hahaha
Attachments
Screenshot_20180608-164934.png
Screenshot_20180608-164934.png (806.78 KiB) Viewed 2766 times
Laservampire

Re: Really?

Post by Laservampire »

I only use free range, vegan pedals.
Ben
jerms

Post by jerms »

hmmm a holistic toob screamer! more like free the $ from your pocket!
kb892

Post by kb892 »

Exactly! I was thinking YATS!
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

But this one has addressed the TS' fatal flaw, i.e. the tone loss caused by vibrating pot shafts
freddy_von

Post by freddy_von »

The claims about the knobs and enclosure have to be a joke...right?
jerms

Post by jerms »

Free the Tone custom turned brass knob reduce vibrations in the shaft and wiper of the semi-fixed resistor used for each control and to suppress harmonic components that adversely affect sound.
Free the Tone's unique IC Tone Plate for damping and shielding covers the top of an IC chip to make the most of the characteristics of the IC and to prevent noise contamination to the utmost.
wow that’s some real smake oil there!!!! are these the freekish blues guys! :lol:
facelessfx

Post by facelessfx »

jerms wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:14 am
Free the Tone custom turned brass knob reduce vibrations in the shaft and wiper of the semi-fixed resistor used for each control and to suppress harmonic components that adversely affect sound.
Free the Tone's unique IC Tone Plate for damping and shielding covers the top of an IC chip to make the most of the characteristics of the IC and to prevent noise contamination to the utmost.
wow that’s some real smake oil there!!!! are these the freekish blues guys! :lol:
That is absolutely beautiful. I love that stuff. I wonder if they actually measured the vibrations of the wiper in different environments. I really hope so, purely because I like the idea of people doing totally pointless shit.
And damping an IC? To stop it vibrating, I assume? I'd like to see how (and know why) but I can't be arsed to Google image it.
"It's a game where you have a piece of time and you get to decorate it" - Frank Zappa
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

haha wait till he finds out everything is vibrating
tigerdriver

Post by tigerdriver »

TGP setlist in progress:

1) Guy creates thread about getting one but hasn't even tried it out yet ("Can’t wait to hear it with my S type guitar!")
2) Two pages of people ragging on that ad copy
3) OP then gets annoyed that people are talking about the description and not how it sounds, though he can't comment on that since he still hasn't used it a day later