This ship been sailing 10 years

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

1bottlerocket

Re: This ship been sailing 10 years

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Has it been that long? Looking at my post count it makes sense. :hihi:

It has been a great place to check in and I still stop in nearly every day.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Me too man!
vanguard

Post by vanguard »

One of the better places on the net, for sure. I've learned insane amounts here, and made some good pals.
https://blackstrapelectrik.com/

Has anyone seen an Englishman called Gavin?
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

Learned quite a bit in this forum, some pretty awesome creations and talented people here. With a little light banter mixed in. I remember I had just found out in Oct. 2009 about the super bee and signed up. Finally got that thing in 2010 and it’s still on the board. I remember you had to keep signing in or your account would be closed.....thanks Capt. :captain:
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

:lol: ROFLMAO! Thanks for noticing, Bert! :badteeth: 😜 :smashed: The Recession Years; Goodtimes.😭 I was about to become unemployed and living in Santa Barbara: Home of the newly wed & nearly dead!🙃 Cheers, Captain! All the best to you! BTW, when did the first DAM ship set sail? Couple years earlier, innit? Who knows? That old ghost ship is still intact, I do believe. Btw, Bert I see that you’re 44 years young! You must’ve been what, negative 8 when you bought your Tone Bender in ‘66? 🤪🤣🤓
Bert Ohlsson wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:56 pm psycho*daisies joined Aug 27, 2008, and started offering DAM T-shirts two days later - ("also Tone Bender shirt...")

:hihi: :tu:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51&hilit=DAM+shirts
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
Bert Ohlsson

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

Nice to hear from you, Dave! :cheers: Yes, the DAM-ship is still on its way, and it's interesting
to see how it all started. Someone (Philip?) said that there was an even earlier "original" DAM-ship
sailing a year or two before this new one headed out to sea, ten years ago...
:captain:
Yes you're right! I've got an ego problem. There was like my earlier "original" half of mine - "my
minor half" - that visited Cambridge in the summer of 1966 - eight years before I was born as
Bert - where and when I bought that great Tonebender 1.5 that Jerms bought 2011 or 2012.
I've told you before about my complicated biographical inner structure, but it only boils down to
me like channeling these ideas from that older ego of mine... :badteeth: :paranoid: :hihi:
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

Hey Bert, glad to see you’re still a regular around here. Yes, I remember the earlier ship, I was on it —that’s why I brought it up. I know you were just making a joke (it was a very funny one, I was laughing out loud for 15 minutes) because it does appear I joined and2 days later started hawking T shirts, but in reality, I had been on the old ship for two years (or whatever). Most people that joined here in late August 2008 were on the original DAM ship. It’s funny, we visited it a few years ago and some of the posts have been corrupted, like wherever someone cursed, there is now an oddball phrase there (it’s as if a bot has sterilized it )— Anyway, it’s so cool that you bought yr Tone Bender in Cambridge in ‘66. Right at the exact place & time where Syd Barrett’s The Pink Floyd was forming...👀👍🏼
Attachments
F1DB85A9-04ED-4CB6-A9D0-65983DB975C6.png
F1DB85A9-04ED-4CB6-A9D0-65983DB975C6.png (862.68 KiB) Viewed 2562 times
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
Philip

Post by Philip »

The first forum came to be in early 2006. It used to be online with odd bot stuff, but seemed to have got nuked totally within the last few years.
psycho*daisies

Post by psycho*daisies »

Philip wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:54 am The first forum came to be in early 2006. It used to be online with odd bot stuff, but seemed to have got nuked totally within the last few years.
Yes, I joined the first D*A*M forum on July 17, 2006. My original username was “Green Fuz” 🐸
My first D*A*M purchase goes back to a build by Dave on 8 Dec, 2004 — The “1965 Mullard OC81D Special” MkII in a Sola Sound 90’s MkII enclosure.
——->Been following D*A*M 14 yrs, muthafucka’s! :smashed: :fu:
Attachments
1665AC86-A044-4CEE-AE7B-11B79C29E6E2.png
1665AC86-A044-4CEE-AE7B-11B79C29E6E2.png (311 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
Last edited by psycho*daisies on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you struggle baby,
It only tightens up...
jerms

Post by jerms »

is the old forum still alive dave? cilantro to ya!!😄