So, this old MXR Stereo Chorus does TZF . . .

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

vanguard

So, this old MXR Stereo Chorus does TZF . . .

Post by vanguard »

Just got this old MXR, and was shocked to discover it does honest-to-god through zero flanging. It practically turns my head inside out when it crosses through zero and does that ripping sound into an instant of total silence. I just made this quick capture with phone audio, so the room echo and compression are kinda fucking it up. Do they all do this???
https://blackstrapelectrik.com/

Has anyone seen an Englishman called Gavin?
2guests

Re: So, this old MXR Stereo Chorus does TZF . . .

Post by 2guests »

I can't say I've ever heard one that sounds like that. Chorus and flange are real close to each other. There might be a component that's drifted or a tweaked adjustment that makes it sound as awesome as it does!
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
vanguard

Re: So, this old MXR Stereo Chorus does TZF . . .

Post by vanguard »

2guests wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:44 am I can't say I've ever heard one that sounds like that. Chorus and flange are real close to each other. There might be a component that's drifted or a tweaked adjustment that makes it sound as awesome as it does!
Yeah, it's definitely more in the flanger camp at most settings. It reminds me a lot of those big EHX boxes like the Electric Mistress and Poly-Chorus. A lot of settings have that super short echo sound like Cobain used all over In Utero.

After a bit more tweaking, turns out it only does TZF out of the top output jack. The lower one sounds more like chorus, but is still way throbbier than typical chorus sounds.
https://blackstrapelectrik.com/

Has anyone seen an Englishman called Gavin?