Gear of the year 2018

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

HorseyBoy

Re: Gear of the year 2018

Post by HorseyBoy »

innerflight wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:55 pm Easily these two - Tokai LP, best £500 I will ever spend on a guitar, dream to play and hardly ever goes out of tune ....and the mighty Shrew, Dave totally nailed it :party:
Have I seen that Tokai before? Definitely would have noticed the DAM circle logo around the switch!
Relatively quiet year for me, gear wise. Highlights include the Musonic wah I picked up from Joe Gagan (maybe the best wah ever), a Glou Glou Rendezvous (filter on that thing KILLS) and this beast:

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X »

I’ve bought surprisingly little this year. The three highlights are:

Maggot Brain
Red Rooster
Dawner Prince Boonar
nad

Post by nad »

superslidetail wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:53 pm
nad wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:01 pm I bought a station wagon this year, my first in a long time. Gigging an 8x10" fridge, two 300w tube amps, 3 basses, and 40 fuzz pedals is easy once again. :smashed:
How do you like that car? Was thinking about buying of those too.
I love it. It's slow and I don't care. My previous wagons were a Mazdaspeed3 and WRX which were far more entertaining, but this thing gets 35mpg and my wife can drive it cuz it's an automatic. I look forward to paying it off and then buying something ridiculous like a Challenger R/T. :smashed:

Best gear purchase for me was an old Ampeg SVT-II non-pro, even though I had to sink $500 into it within a month. Sounds so good, I don't care! Other highlights were another Ezekiel and fancy Nordy vP4.
"'Tis a world of creditors, of which the tomb and the worm are the last. There is little left for the devil, when these have taken their due account."
--The Skeleton
superslidetail

Post by superslidetail »

nad wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:13 pm
superslidetail wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:53 pm
nad wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:01 pm I bought a station wagon this year, my first in a long time. Gigging an 8x10" fridge, two 300w tube amps, 3 basses, and 40 fuzz pedals is easy once again. :smashed:
How do you like that car? Was thinking about buying of those too.
I love it. It's slow and I don't care. My previous wagons were a Mazdaspeed3 and WRX which were far more entertaining, but this thing gets 35mpg and my wife can drive it cuz it's an automatic. I look forward to paying it off and then buying something ridiculous like a Challenger R/T. :smashed:
Haha nice, yea I already have a regular manual sedan impreza and I was looking at that one too. Need better gas mileage, more space and an automatic for wife(and me for traffic). :hihi:
Orange Haze...it ain't Purple no more...
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

^^^ I have posted it now and again HB but probably minus the sticker. When I posted a pic of it on Instagram I had someone ask me if it actually had a fuzz built into it and if that switch engaged it? :badteeth: I won't lie, it did cross my mind asking the Cap :hihi:

Loving that Greco :badlove:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
resynthesis

Post by resynthesis »

DeArmond 1800 Wa Wa
vanguard

Post by vanguard »

Danelectro BLT Slap Echo. Really.
https://blackstrapelectrik.com/

Has anyone seen an Englishman called Gavin?
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

resynthesis wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:00 am DeArmond 1800 Wa Wa
Love those! Killer wahs. :tu:
Lee

Post by Lee »

stella_blues wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:29 pm
Lee wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:31 pm ****Fleshhead**** my best gear purchase ever
Congrats on finally landing one :freakout: :party:

Now you can sell me the SB-67 back as you won’t be needing it anymore :badteeth:
I still rock the SB-67 love that little pedal. I think the SB-67 sounds more similar to Dave’s Fuzzaround builds then the fleshhead but then again the Fleshhead can do Fuzz face to a raging MKII pretty easy. I really love dave’s High gain fuzz builds there’s always that little bit extra you can get before all hell breaks loose.

Thanks Adrian it’s definitely a desert island pedal every time I plug in it gets played
SilverTightrope

Post by SilverTightrope »

vanguard wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:29 am Danelectro BLT Slap Echo. Really.
Those are really cool and warm sounding, nothing else sounds like it...I need to pick up another!
~Actually I think Art lies in both directions - the broad strokes, big picture but on the other hand the minute examination of the apparently mundane. Seeing the whole world in a grain of sand, that kind of thing~ Peter Hammill