The Ryan Adams allegations are the tip of an indie-music iceberg

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Bert Ohlsson

Re: The Ryan Adams allegations are the tip of an indie-music iceberg

Post by Bert Ohlsson »

That compassionate shit - what's in it for me..?
Last edited by Bert Ohlsson on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
so&so

Post by so&so »

It isn’t a contest. Yes, it’s all awful. Still, the sexual abuse statistics of men is not part of this dialogue.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I suggest anyone, especially if youre a white, hetero, cis, male, who is attempting to say that misogyny doesn't exist, go talk to a feamle friend, relative, or coworker and ask them how they feel about it. My guess is you may be suprised at what you end up hearing.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Sorry didn't mean to interrupt the narrative with facts or stats about other peoples pain.... carry on.
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
burgersalad14

Post by burgersalad14 »

In typical 2019 fashion, the discussion went from creepy indie jerk offs to the perils of the demonic evil white heterosexual man...I swear nowhere is safe anymore hahaha
Philip

Post by Philip »

:hihi:
Philip

Post by Philip »

redeyeflight wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:24 pm I suggest anyone, especially if youre a white, hetero, cis, male, who is attempting to say that misogyny doesn't exist, go talk to a feamle friend, relative, or coworker and ask them how they feel about it. My guess is you may be suprised at what you end up hearing.
That's a very white, hetero male take on things. :hihi:

Saying all of this with due respect...

Highlighting it as a problem relating mostly to white men is wonky and far too simplistic.

It isn't the white man gang raping women and girls on buses in india. It isn't the white man restricting womens rights and freedoms in Saudi Arabia. It isn't the white man mutilating young girls genitals in South Africa.
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Philip wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:48 am
redeyeflight wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:24 pm I suggest anyone, especially if youre a white, hetero, cis, male, who is attempting to say that misogyny doesn't exist, go talk to a feamle friend, relative, or coworker and ask them how they feel about it. My guess is you may be suprised at what you end up hearing.
That's a very white, SJW take on things. :hihi:

Saying all of this with due respect...

Highlighting it as a problem relating mostly to white men is wonky and far too simplistic.

It isn't the white man gang raping women and girls on buses in india. It isn't the white man restricting womens rights and freedoms in Saudi Arabia. It isn't the white man mutilating young girls genitals in South Africa.
fixed it for you
"...Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…" H.S.T.
Philip

Post by Philip »

:smashed:
DucRyder

Post by DucRyder »

Philip wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:48 am It isn't the white man gang raping women and girls on buses in india. It isn't the white man restricting womens rights and freedoms in Saudi Arabia. It isn't the white man mutilating young girls genitals in South Africa.
:party: Apparently even Wypipo in the USA aren't committing enough crimes for the bigoted virtue signalers to feel justified in attempting to blame "hateful white people" for all the worlds woes...

https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/jussi ... 203142874/

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1097 ... 34976.html

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... /95704464/

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/n ... 56366.html

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 96479.html