New wah?

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

Salesman
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:22 pm
Location: Finland

New wah?

Post by Salesman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:11 pm

So I have a wah problem.
I have an MXR 404mc and it sounds new.

What do I need? I want a Vintage wah that's not too expensive(Although who cares... I might buy the expensive one also as soon as payday comes around)
I had the SS Wah fuzz...
Last edited by Salesman on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Gemma Thrush
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:54 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: Okey, you fucking old tractors.

Post by Gemma Thrush » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:25 pm

Do you draw the line at Houses of the Holy? D'yer Maker the final insult perhaps?

Sabotage is The Shit, dude...
User avatar
Laservampire
Posts: 724
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:34 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Okey, you fucking old tractors.

Post by Laservampire » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:30 pm

Want the easiest and most cost effective way to get a fantastic vintage wah sound?

Troll craigslist for an old USA made Vox V847 wah (not the Chinese made one, which has a DC jack on the side), then buy one of Stu Castledine’s wah drop in kits. Literally 2 minutes to install.

https://reverb.com/item/4662047-castled ... r-vox-v847
Ben
Salesman
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:22 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Okey, you fucking old tractors.

Post by Salesman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:53 pm

Laservampire wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:30 pm
Want the easiest and most cost effective way to get a fantastic vintage wah sound?

Troll craigslist for an old USA made Vox V847 wah (not the Chinese made one, which has a DC jack on the side), then buy one of Stu Castledine’s wah drop in kits. Literally 2 minutes to install.

https://reverb.com/item/4662047-castled ... r-vox-v847

Yupp, Stu or the Chicago Tychobrahe is the way to go.
Im probably going to go with Stu.
Salesman
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:22 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Okey, you fucking old tractors.

Post by Salesman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:57 pm

Gemma Thrush wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:25 pm
Do you draw the line at Houses of the Holy? D'yer Maker the final insult perhaps?

Sabotage is The Shit, dude...

Yupp just added to the work(iI)pod.
Last edited by Salesman on Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Laservampire
Posts: 724
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:34 pm
Location: Melbourne Australia

Re: Okey, you fucking old tractors.

Post by Laservampire » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Salesman wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:53 pm
Laservampire wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:30 pm
Want the easiest and most cost effective way to get a fantastic vintage wah sound?

Troll craigslist for an old USA made Vox V847 wah (not the Chinese made one, which has a DC jack on the side), then buy one of Stu Castledine’s wah drop in kits. Literally 2 minutes to install.

https://reverb.com/item/4662047-castled ... r-vox-v847

Yupp, Stu or the Chicago Tychobrahe is the way to go.
Im probably going to go with Stu.
Won’t regret it, my Castledine wah ended my wah search:

Ben
Salesman
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:22 pm
Location: Finland

Re: New wah?

Post by Salesman » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:41 am

I had to clean this thread up...
User avatar
2guests
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:34 am
Location: Raised in a clinic down in Oklahoma

Re: New wah?

Post by 2guests » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:20 am

Thank goodness you took out the comments about the Slash Wah! :freakout: :lol: ( . ) ( . )
"I'm gonna give you something to bathe for." -Chuck Berry

"You sure it's not a jerms clone? How do we even know anymore?" -HorseyBoy
User avatar
innerflight
Posts: 3865
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:27 am
Location: Edinburgh

Re: New wah?

Post by innerflight » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:32 am

Salesman wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:41 am
I had to clean this thread up...
Aaw this thread was way better last time I saw it :hihi:
User avatar
Doc Holliday
Posts: 2680
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:41 pm
Location: UK West Midlands

Re: New wah?

Post by Doc Holliday » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:06 am

Stus wah is the next best for me if I don’t original
In order to get a loan, you first need to prove that you don't need it.
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests