Titan/battery problem

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

GuitarOtoko

Titan/battery problem

Post by GuitarOtoko »

I was just playing with one of my titans and i rolled my volume down to clean up the tone and i started getting weird noises when i played a note. It wasnt happening earlier in the day :hmm: Then plugged in my other titan, same thing again :doh: its never happened before and seems bizzare theyd both start doing it at the same time. I was running them off batteries and when i switched to a power supply the problem stopped. Also tried altering the trimpot inside one and turning it a bit to the right stopped the problem. ANyone got any ideas what gives? and why it only happened with a battery? Just wondering if anyone else out theres experienced this...

Any thoughts would be much appreciated,
cheers
The Captain

Re: Titan/battery problem

Post by The Captain »

Weirdness.

What batteries you using? How fresh are they?

You just got the Titan in the signal chain?

Is it happening all the time regardless of the settings on the Titan?
GuitarOtoko

Post by GuitarOtoko »

I first noticed with the new gold titan i just received in the post the same day, so its battery had only seen about 2 or 3 hours of use probably. The other ones battery was probably quite a bit older, not sure exactly. They were just the same ones D*A*Ms come with. Was just running the titans each on their own with nothing else in the chain. Not sure about the settings but ill have a mess about when i can. I had the gain up full, volume at about 1 or 2 oclock and tone around 3 oclock.

It seemed fine running off a power supply so I guess i can just do that, I do sometimes like to use batteries though and am curious what the reason behind it was.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

How very odd. Are you able to try the Titans with another guitar and/or amp!?! I've never encountered this issue myself so I'm kinda in the dark as to what it causing it. :freak:

...and when you say weird noises....like odd note decay? or like radio interference?
GuitarOtoko

Post by GuitarOtoko »

I dont have another guitar at the moment, i wouldve said maybe it was my guitar but it only happens on batteries.

Its kinda the decay, its like itll make a noise id describe as a blip or two when the note fades out, like the sound fuzzs like a fuzz factory squelch when being gated out though it doesnt quite stop the note ringing. it only happens with the volume down low on my guitar and i tried different settings earlier and it only happens with the gain past about 3 oclock. Its not a huge problem its just bizzare and puzzling.