Super Bee Power supply??

Germanium fuzz tones for old school heavy minds.

Moderator: The Captain

slomatic

Super Bee Power supply??

Post by slomatic »

I had the Bee buzzing last night, but when I tried to power it using my board supply (a voodoo labs style box) it didn't work.

What gives? I had the same thing with my EQD Tone Reaper.
Volume over talent
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

It does, yeah. Just weird that the only pedals this happens with are Tonebender "versions".
Volume over talent
The Captain

Re: Super Bee Power supply??

Post by The Captain »

Is it an actual Voodoo Labs unit or a work alike? It should roll okay with a genuine VL!?!? :hmm:

The Bee has positive grounding so won't work on the same bank as regular negative grounded units unless the supply is isolated, like VL one.
pigeontoe

Post by pigeontoe »

It works just fine with my PedalPower II
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
drewskee

Post by drewskee »

Is there a regular AC adapter that you know of that can work to power JUST The Bee??? Not sure how to tell if there is a positive ground etc. Thanks!
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

I should be receiving my super bee very soon (signed up at V+R last October) Does this mean I have to get a center positive cable for my voodoo labs power supply to run the super bee? :hmm:
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

Yep, the one with white jack.
happiass

Post by happiass »

spofftastic wrote:I should be receiving my super bee very soon (signed up at V+R last October) Does this mean I have to get a center positive cable for my voodoo labs power supply to run the super bee? :hmm:
jetofuj wrote:Yep, the one with white jack.
I'm fairly sure the Bee uses a center negative plug (at least according to the manual). Don't know for sure though as I've just been powering mine with a battery.
ufoclub

Post by ufoclub »

spofftastic wrote:I should be receiving my super bee very soon (signed up at V+R last October) :hmm:

:hmm:
I signed up at V+R last august..

and I'm still waiting for the bee

but I have power supply

G
spofftastic

Post by spofftastic »

so center positive or negative for the super bee? I figure within the next couple of months for mine to come in..... I can't wait! (although i have been)