The Dope Priest

The electron charged knuckle duster.

Moderator: The Captain

The Captain

Re: The Dope Priest

Post by The Captain »

redeyeflight wrote:I'd say it more Black Keys/Green Russian than Gilmour/Rams Head. I always associate the Rams Head with more of a scooped midrange and the dope priest actually has the best midrange presence I've heard in a muff.
Ha! Big Muffs. The king of confusion. Funny, I've always associated the Ram's with the opposite, as in boosted mids. The bulk of what I've had in vintage units have all been post '75 so kinda figures.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

slomatic wrote:I'm starting to think the Priest should come with an addiction warning. This pedal has become hard to switch off, it's way too much fun. Hands down thee best muff out there, and I'd even include the Ram Head in that. This thing is KILLER.
I am with you on on the addiction warning. Once I bought the first unit and played it I ended up buying 2 more just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. It's not a fluke. :badteeth:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Coolhand78

Post by Coolhand78 »

The dope priest clicked with me today! Had it just over a week and have only had a few chances to play it...

But my new Sola mk1.5 and the priest have been inspiring new riffs and I was recording one of the riffs on my phone and when listening back I thought to myself 'fuck yeah this is it!!'
"Yorkshire isn't a place. Yorkshire is a state of mind." ~ Howard Moon
univalve

Post by univalve »

slomatic wrote:This pedal has become hard to switch off, it's way too much fun. Hands down thee best muff out there, and I'd even include the Ram Head in that. This thing is KILLER.
Yeah.
Right now my pedalboard is only Black Dust -> Wah -> Dope Priest -> Delay -> Reverb -> Amp
Super awesome sounds and it rips so hard on ANY riff. :crackjam:
musicmann1967

Post by musicmann1967 »

I just got a Dope Priest a little while ago from another forum member. I have several boutique Muff variants (and a modern Muff w/ tone wicker) and I have to say that I definitely like this best. It's built great and most importantly, it sounds great. It works with my Strat, Tele and even my Les Paul. You can find the sweet spot relatively quickly too, depending on the guitar. it's a home run! I've owned few DAM pedals, and even though EFE is their affordable line, there is nothing "budget" about it at all. I think I'm in the market for a Lucifer Rising box next..
punkbulldog

Post by punkbulldog »

musicmann1967 wrote:I just got a Dope Priest a little while ago from another forum member. I have several boutique Muff variants (and a modern Muff w/ tone wicker) and I have to say that I definitely like this best. It's built great and most importantly, it sounds great. It works with my Strat, Tele and even my Les Paul. You can find the sweet spot relatively quickly too, depending on the guitar. it's a home run! I've owned few DAM pedals, and even though EFE is their affordable line, there is nothing "budget" about it at all. I think I'm in the market for a Lucifer Rising box next..
The Lucifer is a cracking noise box you won't be disappointed if you get one. Love mine.
Instagram nick_1_9_7_4
skullservant

Post by skullservant »

Got this Dope Priest second hand today and I've been playing it all night. Definitely by far the creamiest Muff I've tried, and it just BEGS to be stacked with other dirt. It's the least scooped out of the three in the last picture, and definitely cuts through. Craftsmanship and quality through and though!
jetofuj

Post by jetofuj »

Might not be your pair of shoes, but the Dope Priest was used exclusively on all guitar tracks on the whole album, which should be ready in a month or two :hihi: :tu:

jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

I love the name. Reminds me of wsb in drugstore cowboy
Cake

Post by Cake »

https://soundcloud.com/hyraam/sets/gee-bs-jam

Dope Priest jam, all improv stuff and nice demo for the pedal!

Used Sunn O))) Mustang strat (std. tuning), into EFE Dope Priest, into Sound City 120, and some 4x12.