'62 ampeg echo twin

Visual and Audio delights of D*A*M and other such noise makers.

Moderator: The Captain

jerms

'62 ampeg echo twin

Post by jerms »

last one for now.... the stellar ampeg echo twin amp...... two tweed deluxe type amps with reverb and trem in one cab!!!!..... if you can, use a set of headphones for this clip..... awesome stereo!!!!!

daCod

Post by daCod »

i AMLOST bought one of these when i was living in Minnesota. goddammit jim thanks for reminding me :badteeth:

that sound is bee-you-tee-full :drool2:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
redeyeflight

Re: '62 ampeg echo twin

Post by redeyeflight »

I've been having fun playing surf covers with a couple friends for the past few months...I can only imagine what this would sound like for that...insane sounding amp! I think the new swart stereo amp is a take on this.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
daCod

Post by daCod »

will have to check that out dan :tu:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jtn191

Post by jtn191 »

:drool: cool amp! Big fan of Ampeg since picking up a Gemini II...it's the reverb and tremolo. they say in their book that the Echo Twin is one of their finest.
jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

is there a big difference between the 2 versions of this amp? the earlier one has 6v6 i think?
jerms

Post by jerms »

yeah quite a diff... this one is the 6V6 version with 5Y3 tube rectifiers.... redeye has the other version with 7591 tubes and silicon rectifiers... the one dan has is much cleaner sounding. it barely breaks up at all... very jazz oriented... strong and clean.. this one in the vid breaks up nice when pushed, not as dramatic as a tweed deluxe but very nice....
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I guess we should do a comparison vid one of these days...but yeah mine is a clean machine.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
HorseyBoy

Post by HorseyBoy »

Glad this thread got resurrected, because that is an awesome-sounding amp. Reverb is killer!
burgersalad14

Post by burgersalad14 »

HorseyBoy wrote:Glad this thread got resurrected, because that is an awesome-sounding amp. Reverb is killer!
I have a mint '64 R-12-R Reverborocket and the reverb is something else! Love these amps! Mine is the later version with the 7951 tubes and like Jim says, dosent break up at all :crackjam: