What is on your workbench Tinkerers?

Schematics, layouts & other technical mumbo jumbo.

Moderator: The Captain

daCod

Re: Re:

Post by daCod »

norhyme wrote:
daCod wrote:Built this Saturday. Sounds rad af but has a grounding issue I think.....

https://imgur.com/a/1FUEl

:badteeth:

Proper enclosure arriving later this week. Stock build this one. Second board on the bench come this weekend, with a few of their suggested modifications.

The pre enclosure looking cool though :zgrin:
thanks! it's a killer dirt pedal. i thought i had a spare enclosure in my parts box but narp :doh: opted for the comp. mustang parts box as a stand-in.

simple build with superb sounds... when properly grounded :hihi:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
rafmax

Re: What is on your workbench Tinkerers?

Post by rafmax »

Recap Party going on !
FullSizeRender 3.jpg
FullSizeRender 3.jpg (263.36 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
peps1

Post by peps1 »

A work in progress.......

jreeves47

Post by jreeves47 »

something swirly?
daCod

Post by daCod »

cool klon enklosure :tu:
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
pulse.

Re:

Post by pulse. »

peps1 wrote:A work in progress.......

:crackjam:
daCod

Post by daCod »

Brutalist #2 going strong. Need help/opinions on diode and op amp options. I bought a different value op amp set to try. I guess its not that hard to swap them out on the fly to hear the difference so let’s skip that.

Diodes. Help with diodes.

Mini toggle for switching between two different types. I know The switch I have is not exactly correct - have been told to not use bottom row of lugs. Pictured via imgur link is what I have for options. Any suggestions? I was going off what they suggested for suitable alternatives in their instruction manual. Cheap parts were cheap so bought extras.

HELP COMPUTER!

https://imgur.com/a/ZnBCZ
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Dr Tony Balls

Re:

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

daCod wrote:Diodes. Help with diodes.
That circuit has two soft clipping diodes in the feedback loop of the opamp (like a tube screamer, among other things). The stock pair is two 1N914s and those are silicon diodes and most other silicon diodes are gonna behave about the same way. The big two diode types you might want to replace them with are gonna be germanium diodes (lower forward voltage, more soft squishy cliping) and LEDs (higher forward voltage, less clipping, louder and harsher). So that gives you three main clipping options, but...

You can also use asymmetrical clipping. In this example you might have an LED and a germanium as the pair, or whatever. You might also double up diodes and have two germaniums on one side, and one on the other. The possibilities are many, so now you've got ~12 options...

There's also a straight bypass with a small cap where you replace the pair with a cap, or one where you replace one side of the pair with a cap. I think that puts you at about 25 different combos without attempting to triple up diodes on a side. There's a lot there to experiment with. You could put in some sockets and plug and play to feel it out, or you could replace your switch with like a 12 position rotary and put a bunch of shit on there for options.

daCod

Post by daCod »

:shocked:

#pileofdiodes

Thank you Tony. Much appreciated. I’m following that, believe it or not. Might order some sockets n more shit, maybe even a rotary and mess about with combinations.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jagermonster

Post by jagermonster »

My favorite on the DOD 250 clones I've made in the past is a pair of MOSFETs (IRF510), each in series with it's own 1N34A.