Slomatics "Canyons"

General discussion, shit shooting, banter and sexual innuendo

Moderator: The Captain

welshchris

Slomatics "Canyons"

Post by welshchris »

I'm still lurking and reading here.
Thought I’d fire this up, hope its’ cool. Please move elsewhere if you'd prefer it not here.

Us Slomatics lads have just released another new album called Canyons, was came out on Friday via Black Bow Records.
If interested you can listen here, or spotify, Apple Music.
http://slomatics.bandcamp.com/album/canyons

For the fuzz fans.
David used his Slomatics Meathead double tracked with different amps but mainly his old faithful fuzz. + few other tasty bits for overdubs.
I used mainly a D*A*M 3 knob darkflesh and a Dunwich Slomatics Fuzz to double track. Also some of a Low pass muff. (Got a Moose sundrive a few weeks after recording sessions, it would have sounded great)

Amps were our Matamps, Quilter Tone Block, a studio Burman and a bit of a Boogie Dual rectifier.

Surprise of the session got to fiddle with an EQD Afterneath reverb… really want one now!

Anyways hope ya dig as always thanks to the Captain for Fuzz tones.

Black Bow Records Have Physical at their Big Cartel Page. https://blackbowrecords.bigcartel.com/

Last edited by welshchris on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... No I can't turn down
Rygar

Re: Slomatics "Canyons"

Post by Rygar »

Thanks for the heads up!
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

Looking forward to hearing the new album :freakout:

Also you can’t just mention a three knob dark flesh without pics :badteeth:
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

welshchris wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:36 pm I used mainly a D*A*M 3 knob darkflesh
Ive heard it whispered about in the dark corners of the web :stalker:

:picsorstfu:
’brutish in character but not thug like’
welshchris

Post by welshchris »

He he Sorry, didn't mean to be a tease... :whistle:
So yeah got this maybe end of ’17 early ’18 from the captain it's a beast (like you'd expect any different)
Darkflesh with added tone, so it’s attack, tone, volume.

Also might or might not have shared this one here (know you only really want the Fuzz :hihi: but pimped up my Fender Sunburst strat with a sprayjob, some holes filled, a new bridge and a Robot Graves Neck. So I tracked with it and my les paul for the fun of it.

... No I can't turn down
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

That guitar looks awesome, no doubt fitted with some seriously thick cables that pass for strings :hihi:

Thanks for the fleshy pic....looks ace in stealth guise like your Super Bee....and a trio of green jackets :badlove:
welshchris

Post by welshchris »

Yeah the Strat is 75-13 flatwounds. A pig to get the intonation right, hence the new bridge situated slightly further back than the old one.

So figured I’d share another stealth all black pedal odd pedal I got last year.
I’ve been enjoying Bi-amping quite a bit. Ideally with something like an orange/matamp and an ampetg SVT or my Quilter. However I’m often far too lazy to bring a pair of amps and cabs to a lot of shows. So my friend Moose built me this wee custom box…

First off it’s a straight transformer isolated A/B with ground lift of the B output for when I do have 2 real amps.

Secondly it has a built in DI (presented on XLR) which can be turned on and off with the B output (has its own ground lift as well).
So where it gets interesting is the DI output also has a version of the Traynor bass amp build in series. It has external controls for Bass, Mids and Volume. Inside is a trim pot for gain and the treble is hard wired to zero (since no speaker emulation on the output).

It’s worked really well as low end reinforcement with a real miced amp on the A output and straight to PA from the DI (with pseudo bass amp) on the B switch. Becaue both switchable you can balance them and sound check each in turn.

Anyway it’d been really handy and fun to have, front of house at shows have enjoyed having the silly uber low on a fader.

oh and the other top jack is a straight Bass Pre on direct out if I ever wanted to run it into a separate real amp.
Last edited by welshchris on Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... No I can't turn down
Lee

Post by Lee »

Dave should do a 3 Knob Slomatics Fleshhead like he did for the Meathead. Just an idea of course I’m dreaming.

Thanks for the heads up on the new album
moose

Post by moose »

The album is amazing. Probably best yet.

Just a wee tech note on the DI/Splitter. The Traynor amps are solid state already so no need for a FET version, they also don't use FETs. I did tweak the EQ for tonnes more low end but other than that they're faithful to the original.
welshchris

Post by welshchris »

Thanks for the correction Moose... the box sounds great. :freakout:
... No I can't turn down