September Sound

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

PSQRCL

Re: September Sound

Post by PSQRCL »

Pahathuasyndicate wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:03 pm It would be great to see what those look like if you don’t mind posting some snaps :cheers:
Your wish is my command! Sorry for the delayed response, had to get them out of storage :headpop:
Also, recorded a demo video of the Mid-Fi Electronics clari(pirate) over the weekend which took some editing :coffee:
Original September Sound Muff? Doesn't have a name
Original September Sound Muff? Doesn't have a name
September Sound Fuzz.png (2.99 MiB) Viewed 2808 times
Holy Grail Fuzz
Holy Grail Fuzz
Holy Grail.png (2.95 MiB) Viewed 2808 times
Mini Fuzz Classic and Hi-G
Mini Fuzz Classic and Hi-G
Minis and Propaganda.png (3.55 MiB) Viewed 2808 times
Mini Fuzz Beta which was a prototype run?
Mini Fuzz Beta which was a prototype run?
Mini Beta.png (3.2 MiB) Viewed 2808 times
Demos to come soon my fellow fuzz brethren - not in the pic is my incoming The 47 :freakout:
innerflight

Post by innerflight »

:drool2: awesome stuff man
’brutish in character but not thug like’
daCod

Post by daCod »

dear gawd :badlove:
if you're ever in the shit, grab my tit
i like pedals when you know they're on
When I saw you with that lost look on your face saying you had just saw ET, I thought "uh oh, game over" - innerflight
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Pahathuasyndicate

Post by Pahathuasyndicate »

That is a fantastic haul, thank you for posting. They are very special and as good as it gets. I’d not seen the mini beta before. What is that?
And congratulations, that is endless fun :party: :cheers:
PSQRCL

Post by PSQRCL »

Pahathuasyndicate wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:06 pm That is a fantastic haul, thank you for posting. They are very special and as good as it gets. I’d not seen the mini beta before. What is that?
Thanks! Indeed, glad I took it out of storage. Been playing them last night and can't wait to record some sounds with them.

The mini beta is reminiscent of the Rams Head to my ears - however, I can't confirm if it's based off it as there's very little information on it out there.
I've reached out to Tate so hopefully he'll respond soon and I'll update the thread with information on it.

Will also use this thread to update anyone who might be interested when I've cut the demos :cheers:

May the Fuzz be with You!
Smak

Post by Smak »

PSQRCL wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:01 pm
Pahathuasyndicate wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:05 pm That thing looks epic. Tate-san is a genius :party:
Indeed.

Tate-san e-mailed to let me know resistors for 'the 47' are here :freakout:

Anyone else in on this run?

It's growing indeed, my collection of September Sound pedals ( :
You certainly have quite the collection of these beasts! Since you've seemed to have gotten a hold of Tate-san, would you be able to share the best way to do that. I've emailed him (contact@setptembersound?) on my quest to reclaim the luster of a Violet Rams Head I had in years past and would love to add a September Sound pedal (or a couple) to the steed.
PSQRCL

Post by PSQRCL »

Smak wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:05 am You certainly have quite the collection of these beasts! Since you've seemed to have gotten a hold of Tate-san, would you be able to share the best way to do that. I've emailed him (contact@setptembersound?) on my quest to reclaim the luster of a Violet Rams Head I had in years past and would love to add a September Sound pedal (or a couple) to the steed.
They're magnificent pedals. I have a lot of pedals and yet they still bring plenty to the table and sparks heaps of joy :hihi:

E-mail would be your best bet my friend. Tate's been going through a little bit health wise so might take a bit longer to respond - was recently hospitalised for over a week.
One thing I can guarantee is that Tate will get back to you.

Tate will also be able to provide further updates on production runs. They're generally 2 batches of production - one for Ishibashi and one for direct orders.
Both are extremely limited numbers due to Tate's meticulousness. He'll source the rarest vintage components - as close to the originals as he can and is not afraid to discard ones that don't meet his standards.

Good luck! Let me know if you still can't get a hold of him and I could try on your behalf ( :

May the Fuzz be wit You!
PSQRCL

Post by PSQRCL »

For those who'd like a shot - there's a The 47 that Tate's put up on Yahoo Auction:
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m345133716
PSQRCL

Post by PSQRCL »

Pahathuasyndicate wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:06 pm That is a fantastic haul, thank you for posting. They are very special and as good as it gets. I’d not seen the mini beta before. What is that?
Tate-san's gotten back to me re the mini beta. He informs me that the mini beta is one of one :marx:

The mini beta is as follows:
2nd and 3rd gain stage is same as violet but no 2N5133 used.
He is guessing that the tone stage is same as russian.

Also, mini outdated update - the 47 is here and another one (I'll keep the model a secret for now) is coming shortly:
:freakout: :freakout:
the 47.png
the 47.png (2.29 MiB) Viewed 2518 times
Pahathuasyndicate

Post by Pahathuasyndicate »

Many congratulations. How does the 47 sound compare to the Holy Grail axial?
Looks amazing
Cool name too. Reminds me of 47 Ronin/Samurai aesthetics :party: