Sola Sound/11 Publishing Tonebender book

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

Lach

Re: Sola Sound/11 Publishing Tonebender book

Post by Lach »

Chi-LA wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:29 pm I’d really like to read the Dave Main piece if anyone is up for sending a PDF or jpegs. Thanks in advance!!
I would be happy to do that, I started taking a few scans and then thought shit! Actually, don't wanna get myself in trouble here! I think I'd need explicit consent from 11 Publishing before doing anything like that! I don't think they're planning another run, but then again, they might be...
Chi-LA

Post by Chi-LA »

I think you might have some issues if you posted it online somewhere but I think sharing with another individual is fine. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong about that… :hmm:
Lach

Post by Lach »

^oh yeah! I'll just run that one past Lars Ulrich! Should be all good :smashed:
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

Lach wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:10 am
Chi-LA wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:29 pm I’d really like to read the Dave Main piece if anyone is up for sending a PDF or jpegs. Thanks in advance!!
I would be happy to do that, I started taking a few scans and then thought shit! Actually, don't wanna get myself in trouble here! I think I'd need explicit consent from 11 Publishing before doing anything like that! I don't think they're planning another run, but then again, they might be...
Yes, you probably would run into some trouble if it became widespread and they wanted to pursue a course of legal action. I am not sure of the copyright laws in your residence but in Switzerland, they last for 75 years after the death of the author.
Last edited by 1bottlerocket on Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
Lach

Post by Lach »

^yep, same kinda deal in Oz I believe
Chi-LA

Post by Chi-LA »

Hi Lach - thanks for considering…
Dullboy

Post by Dullboy »

1bottlerocket wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:14 pm
Markusgit81 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:47 am If anyone knows where to get one, let me know.
I've seen a couple for sale but they are so outrageously priced it is pointless to share. When I bought this, and the Blackguard book I had no idea that they would turn into such collectibles.

I passed on the Boss Waza/Sola fuzz thinking that I would get one on the second-hand market, as I couldn't bring myself to pay the 300 or so that they were selling for new. You win some you lose some. Good luck finding one.
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=wa ... and-pedals

:paranoid:
"Sometimes the nicest thing to do with a guitar is just look at it."
Thom Yorke

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")