Pushin God on ya!!

Rocking horse shit and chicken lips.

Moderator: The Captain

molokaio

Re: Pushin God on ya!!

Post by molokaio »

Yeah the mid knob is essential imho!
Yu coul try to snap in a 12au7... if it's similar to the butler it'll get smoother and still retain good distortion when maxed ouT!

dude you need to make some clips of this good baby!
Live Slow... Die old...
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

molokaio wrote:Yeah the mid knob is essential imho!
Yu coul try to snap in a 12au7... if it's similar to the butler it'll get smoother and still retain good distortion when maxed ouT!

dude you need to make some clips of this good baby!
Yes, I agree with you points on the Tube Driver. I picked one up when BK first reissued them and it took awhile to get used to it. I ended up changing the tube out for a 12AU7, then adjusting the bias point down. WHile I don;t use it as much as my Fuzz pedals I still can't bring myself to sell.

+1 on the clips :party:
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

redeyeflight wrote:Hey Captain when you use the god pusher in preamp form do you put a lower gain tube in there? I think this one still has the original NOS ECC83 in it as when you shipped it out to Mick and its pretty high gain stuff.
Ha! Its still packing the Brimar??

I think I sent the guy who ended up with number #001 an ECC81 :hmm: as he wanted it to do the lower gain thing too. I'm pretty sure that worked out okay. I'm still running a Mullard ECC83 in mine. When I say pre-amp its not exactly clean :hihi: Kinda Ron Asheton clean...so its kinda dirty.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

yessir...still packing the brimar...sounds great!! I'm tempted to try some lower gain tubes, probably will eventually, but for right now it sounds so damn good I think I'll just leave it as it is. I'll get some clips made for yall to check out...the recording part is easy but where do I post them to the web so that everyone can hear em?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

That is one sexy ass pedal my man!
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

I lent this pedal to forum member Jerms (who is a fantastic pedal builder in his own right and one hell of a nice guy) and he said that although the God Pusher is based on the BK Butler tubedriver it's a modified design. Tube fuzz anyone? :marx: This guy's got it!! :crackjam: Apparently it doesn't like every power supply you throw at it but a visual sound one spot works very well. Captain...you need to reissue these!! I think everyone would really like one...has a distinct, unique, and highly useable tone! One of these days I'll get around to making some clips and you guys can hear what I'm talking about!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Blobcaster

Post by Blobcaster »

to bad the pics are so small.
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Blobcaster wrote:to bad the pics are so small.
really? :hmm: :hmm:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jerms

Post by jerms »

redeyeflight wrote:I lent this pedal to forum member Jerms (who is a fantastic pedal builder in his own right and one hell of a nice guy) and he said that although the God Pusher is based on the BK Butler tubedriver it's a modified design. Tube fuzz anyone? :marx: This guy's got it!! :crackjam: Apparently it doesn't like every power supply you throw at it but a visual sound one spot works very well. Captain...you need to reissue these!! I think everyone would really like one...has a distinct, unique, and highly useable tone! One of these days I'll get around to making some clips and you guys can hear what I'm talking about!
the only differences were a few component changes in the tone stack.... different values from the butler and of course the mid knob which the butler doesn't have... but that was about it for differences. :hihi: i used a radio shack PS and it introduced some noise at the highest gain settings, but it wasn't too bad. a danelectro PS sounded much quieter! it's one fantastic sounding machine tooo!!!! :marx:
redeyeflight

Post by redeyeflight »

Oh I didn't realize the butler didn't have a mid control...edit, I just looked into this and saw some of them had just a tone knob and then some of them had treble and bass knobs (were the earlier ones just single tone knobs?). The only other tube overdrive I've had any experience with was an old ibanez tube king, which had a mid knob...if my memory serves me right it sounded way different than the god pusher....also don't the butlers have a transformer in them? Thanks for the info Jerms!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")