Start Your Engines!!

Germanium fuzz tones for old school heavy minds.

Moderator: The Captain

AVAVAV

Re: Start Your Engines!!

Post by AVAVAV »

Digging the multi-colored lineup!

The Super Bee is definitely high on my want list...looking forward to this pedal.

Al
Richard Groff

Post by Richard Groff »

Any word on when the list is gonna start or how these babies are gonna be sold?
professor plum

Post by professor plum »

anyone have any more info on these guys? espically $$$ related. it looks rad.
analog love <3/
meadhead

Post by meadhead »

Revving up...tyres smoking...Drop that flag!!! :hyper: :crackjam:
Jazzandmetal?

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

I hope these start off with some auctions. The BIN style auctions. :crackjam:
duende

Post by duende »

Is it possible that these four peds are going into mass production? (PCB or otherwise) No offense, I think it would be a great idea actually. The Captain deserves some time freed up. And seeing how all four of these peds are basically his own designs (or his own take on prior designs), I think there probably exists ample justification for it sonically too.

Regardless, the pedals look great!

I'd be super curious to hear how that super bee interacts with the red rooster!
duende

Post by duende »

Sickle wrote:
duende wrote:Is it possible that these four peds are going into mass production? (PCB or otherwise) No offense, I think it would be a great idea actually.
Don't count on it!
Yeah well, as Dave's peds increase exponentially in popularity, it seems only a matter of time before another attempt at a RamHhead type pcb production build is made again... or something of that sort.

I understand and share people's regard for point to point wiring etc... But I also have spent years myself behind a soldering iron wiring patchbays (jackfields for those of you across the pond) for recording studios.

And to put it mildly... It's a bitch.

I imagine some of these circuits do not require all the specific tranny swapping and tuning etc.. to dial them in sonically. Certain higher capacity production techniques may sound like the tools of Satan here (or the religious right rather) but they could also provide a serious work relief. And thereby free up time for the more creative builds and mad scientist projects which we all love and enjoy.

Anyways... just some thoughts.
duende

Post by duende »

Sickle wrote:
duende wrote:Certain higher capacity production techniques may sound like the tools of Satan here (or the religious right rather) but they could also provide a serious work relief. And thereby free up time for the more creative builds and mad scientist projects which we all love and enjoy.
And let Linzi have a life?

Fuggedabouditt!

Seriously, its not my thoughts on the matter so much as my knowledge of David's. I wouldn't have a problem with what you suggest, and there may well be a Korean village somewhere out there with the D*A*M logo on a hut roof one day, but I'm pretty sure Mr Main is not interested in mass production.

But I'm no crystal ball, of course.

:party:
Korean village??

Ha ha! I was thinking just some kids tethered to a stake in the ground out in my backyard!
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

duende wrote:
Ha ha! I was thinking just some kids tethered to a stake in the ground out in my backyard!
:hihi: Really though, PCB's and D*A*M will never happen again. Biggest mistake I ever made. Like I said before, the PCB Ram and DLX were good pedals just they shouldn't have said 'D*A*M' on the box.

If, and its a big one, I ever did the PCB thing again I think I'd do what Bjorn has done with Mad Professor and use a different company name. I think that works really well.
tom3949

Post by tom3949 »

The Captain wrote: If, and its a big one, I ever did the PCB thing again I think I'd do what Bjorn has done with Mad Professor and use a different company name. I think that works really well.
For something like that it is probably the only option which makes sense. How about 'Transistorized Electron Force' pedals! (Thomas Edward Farrell speaking here :hihi: ).