Fuzz Sound #003

High gain germanium bliss manifest in three dimensional reality.

Moderator: The Captain

theemadcap1

Fuzz Sound #003

Post by theemadcap1 »

Has a great Sabbath quote!
Pics first, review next...
JP30

Re: Fuzz Sound #003

Post by JP30 »

:party: beautiful pedal inside and out.

I have wait until 2012 or something like that before I get mine, but I think it would worth the wait.

yes, the review :cheers:
Robapov

Post by Robapov »

white fuzz sound looks great!

hope to see more like it!
L O V E
TheWarmth

Post by TheWarmth »

I could be wrong, but I think this one is actually grey.
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

2 light greys...............................
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
theemadcap1

Post by theemadcap1 »

So, this pedal had some amazing timing...on what would have otherwise been a crazy, hectic day...a notice from the Post Office!
A beautiful sign from above? Possibly.
I got it home and unwrapped it. Nice Blue bag to carry it in! ...but getting it plugged quickly was paramount!
The Dove grey is the same color as my Sola Sound Mark IV.
I used my Les Paul into a 63 Brown Princeton. The Princeton has a JBL K110 speaker, so it is Thee Perfect amp for Fuzz!
I was nothing short of stunned!
I have to say, to this point, it is Thee Best Fuzz pedal I have every plugged into!
...also the first DAM pedal I got from Dave and the 2nd one I own (Though not the Last!!)
As well, my first pedal to run with an Mullard OC81D.
It has some of the best tones of any pedal I have plugged into. At the Cap'n's starting points, everything at 12:00, it sounds perfect!
It Sustains forever! Even with the Sustain knob at 9:00, it Sustains like an TB MKI perfectly dialed in. The tone knob (Treble n Bass) gives a large amount of variance to play with, though I like it right at 12:00, maybe 11:30, but it doesn't have a bad setting! The pedal was at unity with the Volume at 9:00, at Full Volume, it is a real Monster and kills any Big Muff I have ever heard! Also, dead quiet operation!
Not sure if it's the transistor selection, or Dave's brilliant design, but this pedal sings like no other! The Mazda/Brimar AC113 with the blue OC45 and white OC81D make for a pretty circuit! I have seen the AC113s marked as "Mullard OC44M" too, so I wonder if this acts a bit like a Treble Booster? It has all the tones in here! I was able to get Rangemaster tones, MKI tones and of course MKIII/MKIV tones spot on, but like the Cap'n says with Big Muff type volume, so there is nothing missed. I think I could get rid of all my other Fuzz pedals (Though that wont happen!) and with this pedal, none would be missed!
Dave has hit a major "Grand Slam" with this pedal! Anyone who loves "Thee Fuzz" should do themselves a favor and get a Fuzz Sound!
Well done Dave!! :cheers:
...and Thanks so much!! :freakout:

I can't wait to play side by side with my early Sola Sound Tonebender Mark IV...it is a "White Hot" Mark IV that sounds more like a germanium Power Boost or Big Muff (...it's really loud!) Dave had it while doing these first Fuzz Sounds...I wonder if it was any help in voicing these? As well, can't wait to jam it next to an original MKI and Zonk!
See if you can spot my grey Mark IV? (...among the multitudes of amazing pedals!!) Graham asked me to post these pics of his "Fuzz Laboratory" and pass on that he "...send's everyone his best!", he is super busy working on the book...
I think any one of us could spend a few years in his Laboratory!
kb892

Post by kb892 »

stunning, thanks for the pics and your review. i know when i had Donovan's FS out here i was so taken by the tone that it didn't dawn on me that these things sustain for days even when set at "low" gain :hihi: . truely a modern classic. thanks also for your contribution of classic old fuzz for the research on this monster. :zgrin:
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

Those Fuzz Sounds are a work of art for sure! congrats on the new pedal!

Killer pedal collection there Theemadcap, I see alot of gems, thanks for posting that! :headbanger:
Mr. Min T. Fresh

Post by Mr. Min T. Fresh »

theemadcap1 wrote:So, this pedal had some amazing timing...on what would have otherwise been a crazy, hectic day...a notice from the Post Office!
A beautiful sign from above? Possibly.
I got it home and unwrapped it. Nice Blue bag to carry it in! ...but getting it plugged quickly was paramount!
The Dove grey is the same color as my Sola Sound Mark IV.
I used my Les Paul into a 63 Brown Princeton. The Princeton has a JBL K110 speaker, so it is Thee Perfect amp for Fuzz!
I was nothing short of stunned!
I have to say, to this point, it is Thee Best Fuzz pedal I have every plugged into!
...also the first DAM pedal I got from Dave and the 2nd one I own (Though not the Last!!)
As well, my first pedal to run with an Mullard OC81D.
It has some of the best tones of any pedal I have plugged into. At the Cap'n's starting points, everything at 12:00, it sounds perfect!
It Sustains forever! Even with the Sustain knob at 9:00, it Sustains like an TB MKI perfectly dialed in. The tone knob (Treble n Bass) gives a large amount of variance to play with, though I like it right at 12:00, maybe 11:30, but it doesn't have a bad setting! The pedal was at unity with the Volume at 9:00, at Full Volume, it is a real Monster and kills any Big Muff I have ever heard! Also, dead quiet operation!
Not sure if it's the transistor selection, or Dave's brilliant design, but this pedal sings like no other! The Mazda/Brimar AC113 with the blue OC45 and white OC81D make for a pretty circuit! I have seen the AC113s marked as "Mullard OC44M" too, so I wonder if this acts a bit like a Treble Booster? It has all the tones in here! I was able to get Rangemaster tones, MKI tones and of course MKIII/MKIV tones spot on, but like the Cap'n says with Big Muff type volume, so there is nothing missed. I think I could get rid of all my other Fuzz pedals (Though that wont happen!) and with this pedal, none would be missed!
Dave has hit a major "Grand Slam" with this pedal! Anyone who loves "Thee Fuzz" should do themselves a favor and get a Fuzz Sound!
Well done Dave!! :cheers:
...and Thanks so much!! :freakout:

I can't wait to play side by side with my early Sola Sound Tonebender Mark IV...it is a "White Hot" Mark IV that sounds more like a germanium Power Boost or Big Muff (...it's really loud!) Dave had it while doing these first Fuzz Sounds...I wonder if it was any help in voicing these? As well, can't wait to jam it next to an original MKI and Zonk!
See if you can spot my grey Mark IV? (...among the multitudes of amazing pedals!!) Graham asked me to post these pics of his "Fuzz Laboratory" and pass on that he "...send's everyone his best!", he is super busy working on the book...
I think any one of us could spend a few years in his Laboratory!

WowI just shit my pants looking at this photo!!!! Do I see a dark blue Head Buzz in there next to the green MKII?

Now if Graham would let someone else buy all the rest of these fuzz nuggets on the market that would be great :squint:
I have a big dick and I challenge you to swallow it or fight me strait up.
1bottlerocket

Post by 1bottlerocket »

That's sure is a fuzz lab!
Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience
-Garfunk M. Rafferty