Meathead = Fuzz Face?

For the explorer in the realms of distortion generation.

Moderator: The Captain

pigeontoe

Meathead = Fuzz Face?

Post by pigeontoe »

I thought I read somewhere that the Meathead is some kind of super heavy variant of a Fuzz Face. Is this true?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Jazzandmetal?

Re: Meathead = Fuzz Face?

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

I read that too. I think on the FSB site.

And not that it IS the same or anything but the same kind ( brand? ) of components were in my Dunlop FF that have been in most the MHs I have owned. The newer blue one.
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

It is truly a great box! My favorite fuzz and the one I have on my board.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Yeah im just really digging my meathead deluxe. it's got everything i want in one little tiny box. :) Thanks Dave!
JP30

Post by JP30 »

I was trying to put Meatheads into Fuzzface group on my mental fuzz map.
but more and more I play with it. I just have to give meatheads their designated area on the map.

I have to try dark and extra someday.
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

stopmaykinsense wrote:Do Meatheads clean up well like a good Fuzz Face?
Very well.
thesjkexperience

Post by thesjkexperience »

But it still stays very usable. I have several AM Sunfaces with the desirable trannys and they tend to thin out too much unless you are running into a very driven amp. Then the Sunface works a bit better as it isnt so thick (ymmv), but into a cleaner amp it is the Meat all the way.
Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you a King. -- Bob Dylan

"ripped out of the sky reforming thought into creation electric motion begins" - Linzi
Jazzandmetal?

Post by Jazzandmetal? »

No. They clean up somewhat and the dark does it better imo than the others as it doesn't thin out at all.....but out of all the Meats I have owned, non clean up as well as say the Oxfuzz, Sunface, Dunlop or the Skin Pimp I have. Regular fuzz faces CAN thin out, as does the regular meathead when you have your guitar volume down to 2-3 but the Meats don't clean up any where near as well as a standard fuzz face.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

Yarp its a YAFF. I don't mention the Fuzz Face connection in the description on the site as I'd consider it wrong to do so. As in, if you wanted a true vintage sounding Fuzz Face and bought a Meathead you would not be a happy bunny. The biasing is wide open on the Meathead, its bigger and more modern in its fuzziness than say how a Fuzz Face is biased. I didn't tune the circuit for clean up....some geetars and amps you'll get good clean up but its not in the plan. The Meathead is supposed to break things. :hihi:
CitizenAudio

Post by CitizenAudio »

The Meathead is so rich and so bold! Thanks for the comment Captain!