My Fleshhead demos, watch dem

A fuzz box that looks like H.P Lovecraft’s remote control.

Moderator: The Captain

Hiwatt Bob

My Fleshhead demos, watch dem

Post by Hiwatt Bob »

so i made 2 demo vids--one just with the fleshhead and another is a shootout vid.

cubba

Re: My Fleshhead demos, watch dem

Post by cubba »

Man I'm really loving the ripping, raspy but still full-bottomed tone the Fleshhead is making.
It's gotta' be one of the sweetest DAM tones to date!

Thx for the demos....... :crackjam:
What gets me is all the tweaking,
just crank that bitch and be done with it! -- duende
flupe007

Post by flupe007 »

Nice demos.

The FleshHead sounds more 'bassy' and it's got 'great highs' compared to the MeatHead. The MeatHead has those mids... which I think are pretty cool, but they sounds a little "boxy" in this demo. Must be the video compression as you say.

If I were to pick one pedal from that shootout... I would probably go for the FleshHead or the FuzzFace.

Thanks.
stella_blues

Post by stella_blues »

Great demos, well done for showing how versatile the FH is...it's not all about full on madness.The cleanup is very good indeed.

I agree with the compression issues with demos in general, yours come over remarkably well, your Fuzzface sounds like it has more gain than the Fleshy, but it's the girth(?) of the FH that separates it from the others.

My NKT Sunface has more gain than my NKT Fleshhead, but it's when you're in the room and get some air moving that you really notice the FH come to life. The Sunface is a bassy pedal, but it's not in the same league as the Fleshhead, the bass response has much more definition,does not mush out in the slightest.

Fantastic stuff Mr Hiwatt, that Mr Soul has me intrigued, I may have to add a Tonebender MK1.5 to my meager collection soon. :tu:
happiass

Post by happiass »

Really nice demos. I've had a few days with the Fleshhead and I've been meaning to write down my impressions of it, but after all the reviews and now these demos I don't know if I can really add anything. I'm really digging this fuzz and the video is a very accurate representation of it. Thaks for doing this :cheers: .
Hiwatt Bob

Post by Hiwatt Bob »

stella_blues wrote:Great demos, well done for showing how versatile the FH is...it's not all about full on madness.The cleanup is very good indeed.

I agree with the compression issues with demos in general, yours come over remarkably well, your Fuzzface sounds like it has more gain than the Fleshy, but it's the girth(?) of the FH that separates it from the others.

My NKT Sunface has more gain than my NKT Fleshhead, but it's when you're in the room and get some air moving that you really notice the FH come to life. The Sunface is a bassy pedal, but it's not in the same league as the Fleshhead, the bass response has much more definition,does not mush out in the slightest.

Fantastic stuff Mr Hiwatt, that Mr Soul has me intrigued, I may have to add a Tonebender MK1.5 to my meager collection soon. :tu:

i'd love to hear that NKT275 fleshhead sometime...clips!!

but yeah--i concur. the Fleshhead has just as big of a low end, but it's much more defined. it's ridiculously good--i've said it before, but david needs to consider making this a standard pedal. it's just too good not to cosider sharing it with the rest of the world. :marx:

the Mr.Soul is great, i scored both Hudson's at the same time--i was anticipating i'd like the Stroll on more--but the Mr.Soul really surprised me.
Hiwatt Bob

Post by Hiwatt Bob »

happiass wrote:Really nice demos. I've had a few days with the Fleshhead and I've been meaning to write down my impressions of it, but after all the reviews and now these demos I don't know if I can really add anything. I'm really digging this fuzz and the video is a very accurate representation of it. Thaks for doing this :cheers: .

which one did you get?
happiass

Post by happiass »

Hiwatt Bob wrote:which one did you get?
I got the one that went right before yours I believe ( its #009 with OC71's). Thought mine was going to be the lowest priced, but then yours went for a bit less. After playing it for a few days, I'm just glad I managed to get one, its definitely one of my favorite fuzzes.
Tricalibur

Post by Tricalibur »

Cool. I wish you would have played more riffs than open chords though. To me its hard to hear an individual fuzzes character from behind a wall of garble. Maybe some nice comparison riffs might be in order? :hyper:
JP30

Post by JP30 »

nice demo ! and the fuzz shootout VID.
i envy you !