Need a tight and heavy fuzz.

Pics, info, thoughts on old and/or hairy gear.

Moderator: The Captain

aaland_brian

Re: Need a tight and heavy fuzz.

Post by aaland_brian »

I had a meathead, zero and ernie all at the same time, and in my opinion the meathead was the heavyiest of the bunch. Heavy is a subjective term, so buy about 10 fuzzes and have a shootout.
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his [sic] creatures, or has a will of the type of which we are conscious ourselves. Albert Einstein
JP30

Post by JP30 »

i ve tried one knob meathead before. i also had meat DLX. one knobber did not have much of bottom end as Hoof or meat DLX. ...you need to try meatDLX. ?
blungo2

Post by blungo2 »

I'm definitely no meathead expert, but my monolith oracle definitely outheavied my meathead through my rig.

Crappy clip here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
mezcalhead

Post by mezcalhead »

jimi_dylan wrote:
Jazzandmetal? wrote:I would love to get my hands on a Zero!
Ditto. If anyone has the black one with white font, contact me.
Coincidentally I had the Zero in those very colours - sold off nearly all my Skreddy pedals including that one about six months ago unfortunately. (I would've loved to have sold it to you though, it got delayed in the mail to the States and caused me no end of hassle.)

aaland_brian wrote:I had a meathead, zero and ernie all at the same time, and in my opinion the meathead was the heavyiest of the bunch. Heavy is a subjective term, so buy about 10 fuzzes and have a shootout.
Yeah, I agree that heavy is in the ear of the listener, and also depends a lot on your rig and playing style among other things .. but I would've said that my Meathead was heavier than the Mayo, Zero, Ernie and Pink Flesh I had ..

Having said that, I'd highly recommend any of Marc's muff clones for tight heavy fuzz. I don't think of the Meathead as particularly tight - to me a tight sound is a controlled sound and the Skreddys are quite controlled in their heaviness whereas the Meathead has no use for the concept of control ..
blunder wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking. I think the Meathead is way heavy as is. I have been known to run it with my Titan like Sickle suggested and it is a wicked combo. :headbanger:
That's a DIY Boneyard, no?

:tu:
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

If you can't get enough low end out of a single knob MH then I'd suggest looking at the rest of your rig. The MH in any guise has the most defined, thumping low end of any pedal out there - including the Hoof etc. I love the Hoof too incidently. Try messing with your amp EQ, pickups etc. My band has a very lowend-y sound, and I run the Deluxe MH with a bit of the tone still left to go.
Volume over talent