OXFUZZ FX

Up and coming builder? Sell your creations here...

Moderator: The Captain

zerorez

Re: OXFUZZ FX

Post by zerorez »

Thank You Ken! :cheers:

I received my Ox Fuzz today with Germanium NKT274's

This is a fantastic pedal all! you guys who ordered one are going to dig it!

Nice chewy and fluid violin like sustain, and cleanup when backing down the volume a bit, dial in that sweet spot and it kills just like a good vintage fuzz face germanium circuit. :mrgreen:
otis

Post by otis »

jkranitz wrote:Thank You Ken! :cheers:

I received my Ox Fuzz today with Germanium NKT274's

This is a fantastic pedal all! you guys who ordered one are going to dig it!

Nice chewy and fluid violin like sustain, and cleanup when backing down the volume a bit, dial in that sweet spot and it kills just like a good vintage fuzz face germanium circuit. :mrgreen:
Right on. Glad you dig it.

Spread the Gospel. :headbanger:
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

2nd OX Fuzz on the way in violet with Silicon Trannies! :headbanger:
otis

Post by otis »

Sickle wrote:Looking forward to a pair of nicely customized Silicon OXXFUZZes.

I`m workin` on 2 one of a kinds. :crackjam:
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

Right so, I had some time with a Ge and Si OX at volume the other night.......

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

These bad boys are on fire!!! First off, the build quality is up there with the very best of them. Very solid. But that would mean nothing if these didn't deliver....and wow do they deliver. BIG BIG fuzz on tap. Both had serious volume boost, and in keeping with the classic FF, both went from mild drive to all out insanity. I had serious problems telling the GE from the Si, and I mean that in a good way - the Ge is VERY hot compared with a "classic" ff, and the Si is extremely smooth - VERY ge like in character. These things can do Pompeii-era Gilmour and Electric Wizard with equal ease. The Ge version has a seriously mean tone, where the low notes really do carry a lot of punch. I could see these appealing to blues guys as much as doom freaks too. The fuzz is definitely "dark" in tone, but (much like a Meathead I guess) it's dark without being too muddy. I love them!!

I'm gonna offer up a tour box on one of these to let you European fuzz freaks have a blast. I'll throw up a thread about it soon.
Volume over talent
Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

damn right :crackjam:

ken is making some FINE fuzzboxes. get you one before they go up in value :badlove:

i still LOVE mine, it's my only GE based fuzz currently in my stable. LOVE the way it cleans up, and it gets pretty damn HEAVY for germanium. :headbanger:
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

Slomatic's review is right on the money describing the differences between the OX GE & SI.

I just received my SI OX Fuzz this morning and it frickin smokes! :headbanger:

In comparison to a couple of other SI's that I have owned which were a Lovepedal 200lbs and Analogman BC108, Ken's SI is just liquid thick and fat with no shrill high end at all. Nice lovely violin like sustain, very easy to dial in a Eric Johnson type tone and David Gilmour tones as well.

A couple of pictures below of my black GE OX with the NKT 274's and the new SI OX in violet.

Thanks again Ken for building a wonderful Fuzz circuit.

slomatic wrote:Right so, I had some time with a Ge and Si OX at volume the other night.......

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

These bad boys are on fire!!! First off, the build quality is up there with the very best of them. Very solid. But that would mean nothing if these didn't deliver....and wow do they deliver. BIG BIG fuzz on tap. Both had serious volume boost, and in keeping with the classic FF, both went from mild drive to all out insanity. I had serious problems telling the GE from the Si, and I mean that in a good way - the Ge is VERY hot compared with a "classic" ff, and the Si is extremely smooth - VERY ge like in character. These things can do Pompeii-era Gilmour and Electric Wizard with equal ease. The Ge version has a seriously mean tone, where the low notes really do carry a lot of punch. I could see these appealing to blues guys as much as doom freaks too. The fuzz is definitely "dark" in tone, but (much like a Meathead I guess) it's dark without being too muddy. I love them!!

I'm gonna offer up a tour box on one of these to let you European fuzz freaks have a blast. I'll throw up a thread about it soon.
Bobby DEE

Post by Bobby DEE »

mmmmmm.....Si based OXFUZZ has got to be good. i like what i am hearing/reading....maybe i will have to have a Si version as well, for those outdoor/hot gigs that freak out the germanium trannies :crackjam:
zerorez

Post by zerorez »

Bobby DEE wrote:mmmmmm.....Si based OXFUZZ has got to be good. i like what i am hearing/reading....maybe i will have to have a Si version as well, for those outdoor/hot gigs that freak out the germanium trannies :crackjam:
I think you will dig the SI version Bobby, great compliment to the OX GE for sure! :cheers:
fatherjack

Post by fatherjack »

Boy, am I glad I've got one of theses bad boys on the way (Ge)
The more I read, the higher my anticipation! :headbanger:
I could give up beer, but I'm not a quitter.