9v Adapter?

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

core9

9v Adapter?

Post by core9 »

What IS the proper adapter to use with D.A.M. pedals? Also does anyone hear a tonal difference when using a 9v adapter?
The Captain

Re: 9v Adapter?

Post by The Captain »

No particular brand as such. As long as its well regulated and of good quality. Say, Voodoo Labs, Boss, Fulltone etc...
Jim Goad

Post by Jim Goad »

Yep. Cheap ones sound horrible basically.
It's like an orange on a toothpick
imlikeajungle

Post by imlikeajungle »

Really cool one is Visual Sound One Spot. About the price of a Boss but has 1700mA (Boss has 200? Not really a big deal with fuzzes but if you want to run some digital pedals on a daisy chain, 200 is stupidly low) and takes up less space when plugged in.

gordonm

Post by gordonm »

Recently bought a Professional MK2 and would like to incorporate it on my board.. but not sure how to connect it up as there is no battery clip on that model. I use a Gig Rig generator for my other pedals, any help much appreciated :chillin:
molokaio

Post by molokaio »

guess it's a no go man.. only batteries with mkII and 1966. Anyway.. they'll last for a very long time.
Live Slow... Die old...
gordonm

Post by gordonm »

Ok thanks. Thats what I thought. Not a major issue, will just need to remember to unplug after use
:tu:
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

The battery drain is seriously low on the MKII so as long as you pull the input plug after use you'll really get your money out of a single battery.
skybone

Post by skybone »

You can get a battery adaptor/converter, although I don't know where from.

Otherwise, you could make one up from a battery clip and a 9v barrel socket type plug. I have a Colorsound Wah pedal with this "mod".

The problem is getting the clip to sit right in the battery drawer, I've used a couple of tune-o-matic bridge posts and inserts to get a good connection. You could always make up a "fake" 9v battery from a small block of wood or some other hard material (cutting it a bit shorter than an actual battery to allow for the clip). Then you'd need to take a small piece out of the front of the drawer for the power cable.

But there again, you could always just leave the MkII on your board and use the battery. Just remeber to unplug the pedal every time you're not using the board. Leaving it plugged in all the time will drain the battery.