Macaris / Sola Sound Facebook pages

Collaborations with originators.

Moderator: The Captain

sciencefriction

Re: Macaris / Sola Sound Facebook pages

Post by sciencefriction »

I noticed as well Kit that when you mentioned the Led Zeppelin TV appearance on March 17th, 1969, you accidentally wrote 1964. daCod is right though, great read and really nice information.
Kitrae

Post by Kitrae »

Thanks. If you spot any more, let me know. I see a date typo practically every time I look at the dam thing now.
daCod wrote: KIT - great read. but you might want make a slight adjustment/correction here...

•2009 July - Sola Sound Tone Bender Professional MKII reissue from Macaris on market, part of their Vintage Series of pedals. Macaris contracted Digital Audio Manifestations (D*A*M of South Yorkshire, England) to manufacture the pedals. Although Gary Hurst had no involvement, this reissue is as accurate to the originals in circuit design, components, graphics, and enclosures as is possible.

:tu:
Ha, I missed one. All of the DAM pedal entries actually said that as of yesterday. It goes back to an earlier version of the page with no pictures that we 'doctored' with a few standout errors here and there to test nabbing someone who was copying the text into another site. Unfortunately I missed fixing some doctored parts after doing the test.
sciencefriction

Damn, there's low. I hope you managed to catch the person doing it. It makes sense now. Very well done on the doctoring as well, I wouldn't have caught the 1964 bit if I hadn't read it a couple times, lol. Now just put in "2013 Sola Sounds Tone Bender MKI reissue" and let's see if Macaris copies that. :hihi:
Philip

Post by Philip »

But, yer nabbing other peoples photos. :smashed:

Great site. :tu:
Laundromat

Post by Laundromat »

Hey, at least they're not watermarked. :badteeth:
Condolences, the bums lost!
Kitrae

Post by Kitrae »

sciencefriction wrote:Damn, there's low. I hope you managed to catch the person doing it. It makes sense now. Very well done on the doctoring as well, I wouldn't have caught the 1964 bit if I hadn't read it a couple times, lol. Now just put in "2013 Sola Sounds Tone Bender MKI reissue" and let's see if Macaris copies that. :hihi:
The reason I prefer some other site not to copy content is that is is still being added to and updated. Every week I find some detail or date verification, and it constantly changes. There is a guy who copied my Fuzz and Muff timeline when I first started it a few years back. I did not care so much that he did that (although a link back to the source would have been nice) but dates have been revised, things added, corrections made over the years - his clone is not up to date. It is not a static things that is ever 'finished'. One of the Japanese sites also wanted to use it, and some Japanese magazine wanted it too, but I did not think they would ever keep it up to date.

There was a guy I caught a few years ago who had copied several whole sections of my Big Muff Page site onto his, verbatim. I was doing a major overhaul at the time, and he had lots of old outdated stuff from the original site. I was not just pissed that he never asked to rip it, but it had lots of shit was just plain wrong, as I had no idea what I was talking about in the beginning and it made me look bad :lol: :badteeth: :hihi: :marx:
Philip wrote:But, yer nabbing other peoples photos. :smashed:
Of course I am :marx: If I were doing a full on site like The Big Muff Page I would get permissions wherever possible, but this is just a scrap book timeline for us folks here primarily. It is only linked here in my signature on DAM, and I doubt Anthony has a problem with me nabbing his and Dave's Tone Bender pix from the Macaris site (which are water marked). You don't do you Ant? :badlove:
sciencefriction

That's a great point. There is too much misinformation on the internet, especially concerning vintage guitar pedals. I believe a lot of people aren't as OCD as some of us when it comes to updating things, which is a shame. If you're going to copy something, at least copy the updates, lol.

Between your pages, the forum here, and the Macaris site and FB pages people should easily be able to find most Tone Bender and related info.
Kitrae

Post by Kitrae »

Someone (not me) still needs to put a full fledged Sola Sound/Colorsound/Tone Bender website together with a cronology of all the pedal variants throughout the years shown. Maybe once Graham gets his book finished he or someone else will create one.
Philip

Post by Philip »

Tis good work sir! :tu:
sciencefriction

I would certainly be up for doing something like that if I could handle website building. A short and sweet, but informative site on the Tone Bender probably wouldn't be too hard, and would be a great resource. Something to pull together all of the various sources of information that are available and cover the entire history of the Tone Bender, from 1965 to currently. Anything too terribly indepth could be a potential nightmare though, too much he said she said and what not. :oldlol: