Delays that cooperate with a Meathead?

Ask a question...get some answers

Moderator: The Captain

Sk10

Re: Delays that cooperate with a Meathead?

Post by Sk10 »

Analog BBD Delays usually don't have much headroom. They tend to distort rather quickly when you hit 'em with a hot signal (which a meathead has...)
An EHX MMD has almost no headroom....
thesjkexperience

Post by thesjkexperience »

Mine works ok with a nova delay as long as you do the proper set up by running the hot signal in the pedal and calibrating it.
Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you a King. -- Bob Dylan

"ripped out of the sky reforming thought into creation electric motion begins" - Linzi
Braden

Post by Braden »

Sk10 wrote:Analog BBD Delays usually don't have much headroom. They tend to distort rather quickly when you hit 'em with a hot signal (which a meathead has...)
Makes for some fun feedback and noise though!
Sk10

Post by Sk10 »

Braden wrote:
Sk10 wrote:Analog BBD Delays usually don't have much headroom. They tend to distort rather quickly when you hit 'em with a hot signal (which a meathead has...)
Makes for some fun feedback and noise though!
Idd, but I guess the topicstarter just wants to avoid noise and other dirty side effects. :wink2:
Sk10

Post by Sk10 »

Sickle wrote:I'm not too crazy about EH stuff these days. I agree with SK10 it would probably give limited results.
Hehe, did the Holiest Grail cause an EHX-trauma? :zgrin:
JVania

Post by JVania »

I've had good luck with an SIB Echodrive (red) and a Maxon AD80 (Reissue).
muffin man

Post by muffin man »

My Malekko 600 dark just packed in :bangs head:
I've got to send it to the USA to get fixed :doh:
slomatic

Post by slomatic »

Meathead first, always!! I've run mine into various delays with great results - weirdly the only one that didn't sound good at all was a Boss DM3 , which is considered to be something of a holy grail delay. I like digital delay best with fuzz, tuned properly it doesn't sound harsh at all as many critics claim.....In all honesty my old Boss DD3 - the industry standard - sounded fantastic with my Meat, as does my current board delay, a Space Echo re-issue. Probably my favourite of the lot is the Earthquaker devices Disaster Transport delay, which sounds somewhere between analog and digital. That transports the fuzz to a huge cavern somewhere in the earth's mantle, where it echos like thunder.....
Volume over talent
i love sharin foo

Post by i love sharin foo »

I agree about a lot of digital delays working real well with heavy fuzz. I also have an old DD-3 that does the job.Other than it, I really like the old DOD/Digitech PDS1000s.

As far as analog goes, I agree about the Boss DM-3s not working super well. I have one of those and a DM-2 also. They sound good but just become completely overwhelmed. They still create the ambience, but all detail is lost unless you pretty much play entirely staccato. I have an old Maxon AD80 (same as the Ibanez branded ones) though that works great with thick fuzz. It is the model that runs on 18 volts, giving it a lot more headroom than the 9 volt models can muster. For fuzz, that's my go-to box.
Braden

Post by Braden »

I have been great results with this combo:

Doesn't swallow the MHs lowend like my Deluxe Memory and Univox EC80 do.